Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Cedric Benson

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters

elgallotapout

Awards
I dont think that Philip Rivers is better than any QB in this years draft. In fact I think that one of the best QB's in this years draft didn't even get drafted. Timmy Chang of Hawaii has 17,072 passing yards and 117 td's. More than any other QB in college history and he wasnt even drafted. How do you break so many college records and not get drafted, a lot of media hype. They say that he didn't play in a tough conference, he played in the same conference as David Carr. So to say that Philip Rivers is better than any QB in this years draft, Maybe, but if you go by numbers the best QB in the history of the NCAA isnt even signed...Think about that.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I dont think that Philip Rivers is better than any QB in this years draft. In fact I think that one of the best QB's in this years draft didn't even get drafted. Timmy Chang of Hawaii has 17,072 passing yards and 117 td's. More than any other QB in college history and he wasnt even drafted. How do you break so many college records and not get drafted, a lot of media hype. They say that he didn't play in a tough conference, he played in the same conference as David Carr. So to say that Philip Rivers is better than any QB in this years draft, Maybe, but if you go by numbers the best QB in the history of the NCAA isnt even signed...Think about that.
Andre Ware is all I am going to say. In '89 he put up insane numbers as well, running the same offense as Chang. And look how he turned out.

elgallotapout

Awards
Ware had only one extremely good season. 4,661 yards and 46 td's. his total for 3 years is only 8,202 yards with 75 td's. He got more than half his yards and td's in one season. Chang has 3 years of over 4,000 passing yards and more than 25 td's per year. Andre Ware also won the Heisman that year. Chang wasn't even in the running, even though he has more than 1,000 yards passing than anyone in the running last year, and more td,s than anyone last year.

elgallotapout

Awards
I see that Chang has signed with the Arizona Cardinals. I say keep an eye out for this kid in the next couple of years....

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
As far as Chang goes, he's just too small/undersized to be an NFL QB. There's a lot of other questions surrounding him including arm strength, pocket presence, etc. I wouldn't expect to much out of him ever. Jason White was just a product of a great football system and being surrounded by great football players. Not only that, but both of his knees are bad, he has a weak arm and is mainly a pocket QB. Listen to any football anaylist and they'll say pretty much the same thing. Backup QB at best.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Nate is right above, and you don't want to argue with the Dogg, he knows his football, IMHO. Humble? Rogue!? yeah, right!!!

You have to consider where Chang got those yards, the Western Athletic conference, they play Arena Football out there, max offense, too little defense.

Don't take my word for it, check how many defensive players from The WAC are on NFL rosters versus the BCS conferences.

size

Awards
  • Established
Chang is a good player but not an NFL starter. While he has great stats, he also is the NCAA leader in interceptions. He never lined up under the center, he was always in shotgun.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Just read this on espn. about Matt Jones:
The injury ruined what was an otherwise spectacular debut for the former Arkansas quarterback. On one of the opening plays of the morning session, Jones blew by cornerback Chris Thompson and made a sliding catch for a 15-yard gain. He also made several tough receptions over the middle. In fact, he didn't drop a ball all day.

Sigh...If only the 'Skins had picked him up.

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
Goooooo 9ers!!

I think the biggest additions the 49ers made were Jonas Jennings,Mike Nolan,and Mike Singletary.I noticed the
Lions released Az-Zahir Hakim.Should the 49ers try to sign him or wait for June 10(?) for free agency to kick in.
Jennings is going to be a big help for the running game.I was happy w/the draft,but one can never know how the
players will pan out.

Before I moved to AZ in '91,I used to go watch the 49ers play all the time.My family has been season ticket
holders since '81.We get our tickets through a friend of the family.This guy has 14 season tickets and has only missed
one 49er game since the team played at old Kezar Stadium.
Yeah, I'm a huge Bills fan and I'm jealous that you signed Jonas Jennings, he's amazing!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure all UM fans saw that Berlin signed with the Dolphins as well.
Yeah, we saw it. Maybe he can continue his improvement and help the Phins.

I hate them, BTW. It's the only team in S. Fla. that I don't root for. Once I got old enough to realize how stupid their front office is I quit rooting for them.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm a huge Bills fan and I'm jealous that you signed Jonas Jennings, he's amazing!
We were in real desperate need for a tackle. Gotta keep Alex Smith alive.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, we saw it. Maybe he can continue his improvement and help the Phins.

I hate them, BTW. It's the only team in S. Fla. that I don't root for. Once I got old enough to realize how stupid their front office is I quit rooting for them.
So far I've been impressed with Saban...although I don't like his approach of having an "open-door" available for a Ricky Williams return.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well, it's tough for the transition from college to the pros as a head coach. We'll see if he works out.

Bringing Ricky back would be one of those typical bad Dolphins front office moves.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
05 season Braylon Edwards will come up big........now that dumb **** Kellen Winslow seems to be done for the 05 season its all Edwards........Kellen Winslow jr ate **** on a motorcycle and almost killed himself,,,hes really fucked up right now in the hospital,,the guy also got 2 knee surgeries since he injured himself on special teams

guitarjunkie420

Board Supporter
Awards
anyone drafted by the patriots will be a solid nfl player.....bill bellicheck and scott pioli are the best talent scouts the nfl have seen in a long long time...........go pats

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will not comment... Winslow was a great player out of college, and held out, broke his leg, and now the smuck was in a motorcycle accident....good players out od school don't make good profesional players until they prove themselves..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good post Willie.

I'd have always backed Winslow. Thought he was one of the kids that just had the attitude that I love at The U. But the motorcycle **** just disenfranchised me. Have enough respect for your profession (and the fact that you get to lift and play ball for a living!) to give your all.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Wheres CADILLIAC!!! :numbered: :numbered: :numbered: :head: :head: :head:

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Surprised Ronnie Brown hasn't gotten more love. He's a freakin hoss.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
for sure ronnie brown will be the best out of that draft. have you played him in madden even thought my dolphins suck i can kick peoples ass with just him.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
for sure ronnie brown will be the best out of that draft. have you played him in madden even thought my dolphins suck i can kick peoples ass with just him.
Well now. There;'s the barometer by which we should judge all future talent - how well they do in a video game.

Unreal.

Vegas Lord

Awards
Wheres CADILLIAC!!! :numbered: :numbered: :numbered: :head: :head: :head:
Im a die hard Bucs fan too. Caddilac is the next Walter Payton with agility. Did you see him make Jason Taylor stand still holding his jock on the outside run or when he ran over Junior Sau and dragged Jason Taylor on the same run last week? This guy will give any defense somthing to think about when they play the Bucs. Oh yea, Ronnie Brown.... when you see Flip (Jermain Phillips) hold onto the ball cause your gonna take a hit LOL.

Vegas Lord

Awards
Hey

Ronnie fumbles........ just ask Jermaine "Flip" Phillips. I'm a homer (Bucs fan) Caddilac has the "it" facter that Ronnie doesnt... speed, blocking, power are all great traits in a rb, but ronnie doesnt have the "it" factor that makes great runningbacks. Caddilac will be an all pro this year or next.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Caddy is rookie of the year without a doubt dude is sick