Best Peanut Butter flavored protein?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Whose got the best PB flavored protein powder these days? Can be an isolate, blend, etc... Looking for a treat.

Tried a search and you can just about imagine how many threads came up with the key words peanut butter, lol.

Thanks in advance!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For a straight PB based flavor:

Dymatize Iso100 PB
Metabolic Nutrition PB Cookie
Quest PB
BEAM Salty PB Isolate
PES Peanut Butter Delight Vegan
MSI Lean Whey Peanut Butter Crunch

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the list, Bob!

I've got the ISO100 in my cart as we speak, I'll have to check out the others that you mentioned as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For Iso -- Iso100 It is neck and next with BEAM for the best PB Based isolate
For a whey -- Quest, MSI, and Metabolic
for Vegan -- PES

Again just depends what ya want pending your preference and if you have a dairy allergy.

Last edited:
Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
I really like the Ghost Peanut Butter Cereal Milk

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love Syntrax Matrix peanut butter cookie flavor personally.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love Syntrax Matrix peanut butter cookie flavor personally.
Wow, talk about a throw back. That's a name I haven't heard in a while!

Last that I'd heard about Syntrax was 10-15 years ago and there was some spicy drama going on, including lawsuits against forum members. Outside of some questionable business practices (at that time, they may be great now) I'd heard nothing but fantastic things about the taste of their protein offerings.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I really like the Ghost Peanut Butter Cereal Milk
A colleague of mine brought a tub into work. Tasted pretty decent, but I notice the Ghost protein powders don't mix very well? Couldn't seem to get it clump free, after a lot of mixing. Could have been a fluke, not sure.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Couldn't you take unflavored whey + 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and get authentic peanut butter flavored protein?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PB marshmallow from cellucor is one i've used multiple times and the taste is pretty good.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@The Solution got you covered.

I personally like Quest best, but an honorable mention, believe it or not, was Xtend's peanut butter flavor.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want them all !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Metabolic Nutrition PB Cookie was the best straight PB I've had (it has been forever though). Dymatize Iso was solid as well.

Alternatively you could buy bulk PB flour and just toss that in shakes, that is my cheap way to add PB flavor to things if I don't want the extra fats (although I love my fats so I don't do that too frequently anymore).

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Pro JYM has a Vanilla PB Swirl that tastes just like the vanilla pb ice cream you’d get in a store. Not a straight PB flavor, but highly recommend

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
A colleague of mine brought a tub into work. Tasted pretty decent, but I notice the Ghost protein powders don't mix very well? Couldn't seem to get it clump free, after a lot of mixing. Could have been a fluke, not sure.
I've never had an issue. Are you using a shaker? I use a Jaxx bottle and have always had pretty decent luck.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a large collection of Ghost Proteins, no mixing problems !!

Blifts333

Awards
I like the Dymatize ISO100 as well. A scoop of that and a scoop of the Cocoa pebbles 👌

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beam.jpg

I think we need to add this to the list !!

@The Solution gave me a coupon code for these free samples (Thank you Bob) I have not tried the Pre-Workout yet, but I must say the "Salty Peanut Butter" whey protein is very good. I think it is closer to a Dry Peanut Flavor, it does not have the Sweetness or the Creamy taste of peanut butter but it is GREAT !!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 196379

I think we need to add this to the list !!

@The Solution gave me a coupon code for these free samples (Thank you Bob) I have not tried the Pre-Workout yet, but I must say the "Salty Peanut Butter" whey protein is very good. I think it is closer to a Dry Peanut Flavor, it does not have the Sweetness or the Creamy taste of peanut butter but it is GREAT !!!
It is meant to replicate the jeni's ice cream flavor Salted Peanut Butter and Chocolate Flecks.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wanted to check back in and thank all of you for the recommendations!

I’m just about due for a protein restock, so it’s nice to have some options with positive feedback.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wanted to check back in and thank all of you for the recommendations!

I’m just about due for a protein restock, so it’s nice to have some options with positive feedback.
Hope you hop on that BOGO Deal with Iso100 brother.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GAT used to make a killer peanut flavored protein back in the day. Not sure if they still make it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The 80's

Liver Tabs
and Weider Protein (aka Chalk Dust)

Those were the days !! - Don't forget your Fanny Pack !!

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would be happy to send out some peanut butter cookie iso-whey samples. Check out PBWhey (dot com) for the product.

I can't promise I can hang with the big boy brands that use all sorts of blends/carbs wpi/wpc/mpi and filler/crappy stuff to make things taste good .....we use 100% ultra filtered whey isolate we use all natural flavorings which is a hard to work with vs artifical flavors which are way stronger in taste profile.....but I think "pound for pound" the peanut butter cookie Iso-Whey is a winner for sure. Sure we can add maltodextrin and 10gms sugar to make it amazing but um yeah.... not happening :)

Just PM me full info/address/email. Can easily take care of 20 people with sample packs.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be happy to send out some peanut butter cookie iso-whey samples. Check out PBWhey (dot com) for the product.

I can't promise I can hang with the big boy brands that use all sorts of blends/carbs wpi/wpc/mpi and filler/crappy stuff to make things taste good .....we use 100% ultra filtered whey isolate we use all natural flavorings which is a hard to work with vs artifical flavors which are way stronger in taste profile.....but I think "pound for pound" the peanut butter cookie Iso-Whey is a winner for sure. Sure we can add maltodextrin and 10gms sugar to make it amazing but um yeah.... not happening :)

Just PM me full info/address/email. Can easily take care of 20 people with sample packs.
thanks brother

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PM Sent, Looking forward to this!!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protizyme PB cookies a solid contender too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keto  Genics.jpg

We need to add the KetoGenics to the list of great tasting Peanut Butter proteins thank you
DieselNY
For the samples !! I can't wait to try the Blueberry Muffin !!

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 196757

We need to add the KetoGenics to the list of great tasting Peanut Butter proteins thank you
DieselNY
For the samples !! I can't wait to try the Blueberry Muffin !!
SO you liked the peanut butter cookie? So glad!!! I am out of the chocolate cereal milk (but plenty of sample variety packs on ketoshop [dot com] have them in stock). I would have sent that too. I just ordered up 70,000 samples for most flavors but thats 5 weeks away. I have an AMAZING new "cereal" flavor coming (blows away the "official" one) and a SUPER KICK ass pumpkin-type flavor too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SO you liked the peanut butter cookie? So glad!!! I am out of the chocolate cereal milk (but plenty of sample variety packs on ketoshop [dot com] have them in stock). I would have sent that too. I just ordered up 70,000 samples for most flavors but thats 5 weeks away. I have an AMAZING new "cereal" flavor coming (blows away the "official" one) and a SUPER KICK ass pumpkin-type flavor too.
Make sure you let me/us know when the pumpkin pie is released !!

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@DieselNY

Thanks for the samples!

(Also, thanks to @Rocket3015 for posting a picture of them above.)

They arrived super quick and as silly as it might sound, I thought the packaging presentation was really nice for a sample sized serving.

Tried the Peanut Butter Cookie first. Not as sweet tasting as other PB flavors I've tried, but very pleasant. Mixed very nicely and sat in my stomach well.

Blueberry Muffin was equally as good, though if I did it over again, I would've used less water. I typically mix a scoop in 8 ounces of water and the flavor wasn't quite strong enough. I think 6 ounces would've been right on the money.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@DieselNY

Thanks for the samples!

(Also, thanks to @Rocket3015 for posting a picture of them above.)

They arrived super quick and as silly as it might sound, I thought the packaging presentation was really nice for a sample sized serving.

Tried the Peanut Butter Cookie first. Not as sweet tasting as other PB flavors I've tried, but very pleasant. Mixed very nicely and sat in my stomach well.

Blueberry Muffin was equally as good, though if I did it over again, I would've used less water. I typically mix a scoop in 8 ounces of water and the flavor wasn't quite strong enough. I think 6 ounces would've been right on the money.
Actually that's the one specific key with these proteins that I may or may not have mentioned... that it doesn't require a lot of liquid as we don't use any filler or junk or a lot of the other fluff that the major brands use.

It's a very light clean and thin shake that no one ever gets any bloat from in fact many of my lactose intolerance customers love it and have no issues.

I have not drank protein in decades I always make protein sludge and usually with low carb high protein greek yogurt mixed with protein powder. It's like a desert everyday.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Desert !!