Best nootropic for focus ? Aniracetam?

D.szegedy

Awards
I’m a 22 year old college students looking for something to help me focus . I’ve been considering the supplement racetams such as aniracetam or piraracetam any reliable online vendors ? Or other suggestions

Zarogg

Awards
Well, this one is really dependent on the person. What budget are you working with, do you want to buy individual compounds and make your own stack, do you want a premade powder or pills?

I have lots of recommendations, but it depends on what you’re looking for. I find racetams to be great compounds for academic pursuits, but there are natural compounds that are similarly effective.
Wich one please?

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I find racetams effects quite subtle, except for phenylpiracetam, but this one raises tolerance fast. Modafinil derivatives can work fairly well for focus.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a huge aniracetam fan, but I would not say it's strong benefit is focus. It is an anxiolytic and the areas it shines are speech fluidity, recall, and social interaction. Perfect for speeches and presentations.

Focus wise- phenylpiracetam, noopept (not a racetam), and modafinil/armodafinil.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried Pramiracetam? I read it's the "cadillac" of racetams and most expensive....so it must be good right?

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried Pramiracetam? I read it's the "cadillac" of racetams and most expensive....so it must be good right?
Depends on the person, but I love it. Some people take it every now and then and feel it acutely at say 300mgI didn’t get that acute effect, but after daily dosing for a month, it’s the most powerful memory and study aid I’ve used. It also desensitizes (depersonalization, I guess; I never experienced it) some people a bit which is nice for some things but not great for every day. In lots of Eastern European countries its prescribed as a study agent to be taken for at least a month at 600mg 1-2x per day. I believe it is also prescribed there for TBI and stroke. It allegedly works through high affinity choline uptake and is also a potent CBF increasing agent. It’s tied as my favorite racetam with phenyl, but has more utility since I can use it daily.

at 300 mg it’s nice but I’ve used it at up to 900-1200mg for studying and it was tough on the wallet but worth it when I needed it. It stacks well with oxiracetam (glutamatergic and positive AMPA modulator), as well as aniracetam with oxiracetam. Prami, ani, oxi is a pleasant stack to get stuff done. It a similar MOA as coluracetam but I don’t get the same effects at all from colu (they don’t mix well because of this similarity), and I’ve also taken it with fasoracetam but that’s a little much for me.

I believe most of the human research is in “healthy” people with memory loss, the elderly, and healthy people given scopolamine, but I think the evidence is there for it as an effective long term memory agent. N=1 but I also used anki the entire time I was using it and was able to compare my daily anki statistics to no pramiracetam and it was noticeably effective.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I splurged on a 6 month supply of Dihexa and tianeptine sulfate and don't regret a single penny spent on it. I don't notice a "feeling" from it like force-focused, stimulated, calmed, etc. I should have kept a log, but it was about a month in when it seemed like improved information retention became pretty pronounced. Around the same time I finally weaned off of adderall for ADHD and expected the Dihexa to be moot because of that, but other than the obvious expected fatigue, it was a smooth transition.

I've been thinking of adding phenyl, but kinda feel like I found something that works for me, why change it , ya know