Best Night Guard

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I realize that this might not be ideally suited in this sub-forum, but here goes: I have been grinding my teeth at night and will be buying a night guard. I would like to avoid the cost of a custom dentist-molded unit, and am looking for recommendations for a commercial unit that the user can purchase and mold at home.

Does anyone have any product recommendations?

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got a dentist made one, but got to say its changed my life. The grinding was causing all kinds of inflammation in and around my neck etc...that I did not realize I necessarily had to such a degree as it had been years of doing this. As a result, my pressing and pulling went up probably 20% and I am less tired, little to no head achy feel, calmer, less upper body tweaks / injuries, better nerve flow, grip strength is up etc..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry, I dont have a clue, but......

Do you guys know the root causes of the grinding? I'm just curious about why people start grinding there teeth at night. I work with a guy who recently said its been happening to him, he asked me what I think and I was like sorry bro, I'm clueless. And now I'm super curious to figure it out

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Do you guys know the root causes of the grinding? I'm just curious about why people start grinding there teeth at night. I work with a guy who recently said its been happening to him, he asked me what I think and I was like sorry bro, I'm clueless. And now I'm super curious to figure it out
I think it is stress related ....

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Ya stress related from my understanding.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Most of the time its stress related.

But it can also be a side effect of starting certain medications or coming off of certain medications.

AknowledgeMe

Awards
SNS Night Guards to be released soon!! Buy some Sleep XT and get a Night Guard for free!!