Best mens multivitamin

Tblood51

Awards
I was wondering about your opinions on the best mens multivitamins. I currently use megamen sport multivitamin and am now looking at animal paks.Opinions?

smoothballer

Awards
Animal Pak is definitely the way to go. I went off it for awhile and I could definitely tell the difference.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I agree animal pak is great. I can't take it though because some of those pills are just too hard to swallow for me (strong gag reflex).

I've tried Orange Triad by Controlled Labs. That was a damn good vitamin also. Now I'm using ON's optimen. It's my favorite so far. Good nutrients and not too many pills.

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
I will add my take on multi's if I may.

The real question isn't really what is a good multi but really what is a good multi to you?

A highly reviewed multi, Orange Triad by Controlled labs is a quality multi which really gives you quite a bit for your money.

This you can find at nutraplanet:
Orange Triad (270 tabs) By: Controlled Labs

If i had to buy a multi it would probably be this particular one as I don't mind the number of pills.

Of course any multi can be scrutinized based on what you need out of a multi. Even with Orange Triad there can be some things you may need to add:
  • The main anti oxidants for some may be low A,C & E.
  • The calcium is only at 250 split between citrate and d gluc forms. Most require at least 1000mgs a day
  • Some people don't like to take 6 pills a day and this could be excessive for some
  • Some may find that they are looking for only 1 pill which in my opinion is unrealistic. Unless the pill is the size of your finger there is no way to fit all of the things most of us need into 1 easy to swallow capsule

I choose to purchase each category seperately. I find this approach ensures a higher quality and overall you'll find better pricing as well. I love to read labels and learn which form is best so that isn't for everyone

My protocol is:
  • B complex
  • Multi mineral
  • Omega 3's
  • Vitamin D
  • Anti Oxidant Complex
  • Pro Biotics/Enzymes
  • Joint repair/maintenance
  • Specific need/every once in a while supplement - specific health condition, secondary anti oxidants, adaptogens etc...
I find i can adjust dosage of one or two without taking others I don't need which would be the case if I had just one multi. This also helps educate you as to which form of each specific vitamin, mineral and herb is the best absorbed and tolerated. This also allows for you to properly time supplements accordingly. As we all know certain times a day and activities require certain supp's.

Some other good, highly reviewed multi's:
ADAM (90 vcaps) By: NOW Foods

Animal Pak (44 packs) By: Universal Nutrition

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I will add my take on multi's if I may.

My protocol is:
  • B complex
  • Multi mineral
  • Omega 3's
  • Vitamin D
  • Anti Oxidant Complex
  • Pro Biotics/Enzymes
  • Joint repair/maintenance
  • Specific need/every once in a while supplement - specific health condition, secondary anti oxidants, adaptogens etc...

• hmm..you made me think twice, you have a great build ups. :D

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
I take NOW Adam, for the price and 3 vcaps daily is pretty nice. Great when your on a budget, Never really used Animal Pack, anyone think its better then NOW Adam?, if so i may switch.

Chico222

Awards
I think they are all pretty much the same. A multivitamin is an insurance for your health, but you're not gonna "feel" anything from it. I have taken GNC MegaMen, Animal Pak, and Orange Triad. Now, I take Orange Triad, loved that its a multivitamin with joint complex.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
animal pak seems like over kill less your like ifbb. I used it by pee would be bright yellow till like 2 o'clock. There is alot a research saying the vitamins really aren't that good for you even bad for you. I mean lot of them have 200% 500% 1000% of your daily val. Just eat a well balanced diet imo. Other wise just get something simple. Megaman is good. Should only need 1 a day though not the rec 2.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i've been using orange triad for years. nice value for what you get.

but i'm thinking of changing it up next month and trying AN's complete balance and running PP's Toco-8 with a vit D supplement added too.

KingLouisXXIV

Awards
NOW's ADAM men's multivitamin. I find it just as effective as any of the other leading multi's-- Animal Pak, Orange Triad, Opti-Men, GNC's Mega-Men, etc. (tried all of them over time). ADAM has an amazing ingredient profile and is the least expensive of all the leading brands.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready to try Anavite. I haven't taken a multi in too long and, other than protein, am not on any supps so I'll know if it makes a difference.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready to try Anavite. I haven't taken a multi in too long and, other than protein, am not on any supps so I'll know if it makes a difference.
im going to order some anavite or orange triad next month, havent decided yet... i have always went with ADAM or optimens

willk5791

willk5791

Awards
Optimum Nutrition just came out with a multi-vitamin this past year. It's called Opti-men and I think it is a top notch multi.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Best Multi-Animal Pack
Close 2nd's- ON Opti Mens(75 minerals & vit's), Controlled labs Orange Triad(has joint support)

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I have never felt a difference when taking a multi. I know it is said that people who exercise need a multi since we push our bodies and no one has a perfect diet.

I've tried opti-men, it isn't new by the way I took them years ago.
I've also taken Now Adam, MHP activite, GNC mega-men, and regular drugstore vitamins, never felt any different.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I started off with the Centrum Mens 1 a day. Plain, simple, cost efficient. I have been looking into others lately, this ADAM stuff looks pretty decent. Might try that.

pezdog1

Awards
Orange triad is good but i like essentials with joint compound by AI. Makes me feel like a machine in the gym.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like MVP by Millennium Sports

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
I was wondering about your opinions on the best mens multivitamins. I currently use megamen sport multivitamin and am now looking at animal paks.Opinions?
I've used the animalpaks and i must admit it's like choking down a big turd. I like the liquid multi made by max muscle. 1 capful after breakfast, and 1 after meal #7.