Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess that's going to depend on your goal. Nothing is really good at replacing real food but I guess for a general balanced meal replacement, kaged muscle makes one called clean meal. Animal has one called animal meal and there's real food or something like that from rich Piana.

Those 3 have a blend of proteins, the carbs come from stuff like sweet potato, quinoa and oats and they have added vitamin and mineral complex. I'd start by checking those out.

If you don't mind making shakes it's pretty easy to combine eggs, whey, bananas and oats for a nice reasonable meal replacement shake

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can also go to Dante tradels website and make your own custom blend

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whatever his supplement company is called I can't remember off top

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
there's real food or something like that from rich Piana.
This is what first came to my mind as well. Real Food got a lot of hype from Rich Piana. I personally haven't tried it but I've heard it's tasty.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm a fan of RC1's MRE...
The Fudge Brownie is my go to.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would you consider Military style MREs? They are basically powdered food (add boiling water to it). I have a buddy who loves to eat MREs from Mountain House brand and Legacy Premium.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Would you consider Military style MREs? They are basically powdered food (add boiling water to it). I have a buddy who loves to eat MREs from Mountain House brand and Legacy Premium.
A mre is probably the opposite of what someone looking to get a better body wants. There very low in protein, moderate fat and high carbs. There made to supply you with fat and carbs for energy and to survive in a time when food is scarce.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you don't mind making shakes it's pretty easy to combine eggs, whey, bananas and oats for a nice reasonable meal replacement shake
I'd go this route myself, if you can be ar$ed, simply because you can have total control over the carb quantities.

In the past I've dry-blended wholegrain oats and almonds into a powder, then added the desired amount to flavoured protein powder in a normal shake (I personally used hydrolysed whey, as it appears to be the most effective at inhibiting ACE, so like a natty alternative to Telmisartan...you may not be interested in these effects lol).

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A mre is probably the opposite of what someone looking to get a better body wants. There very low in protein, moderate fat and high carbs. There made to supply you with fat and carbs for energy and to survive in a time when food is scarce.
But those two brands in particular use whole dood sources (freeze dried). They are a bit expensive though. Also if anyone is interested in protein bar alternatives, there is Pemmican bars. It's made from real meat, fruits, nuts.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But those two brands in particular use whole dood sources (freeze dried). They are a bit expensive though. Also if anyone is interested in protein bar alternatives, there is Pemmican bars. It's made from real meat, fruits, nuts.
I just looked them up, when you said military I was thinking actual military MRE. Those are just freeze dried meals on the go.

On a side note why the hell would anyone want to eat that over a regular meal or shake lol. Your buddy is nuts. Are they super cheap or something?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just looked them up, when you said military I was thinking actual military MRE. Those are just freeze-dried meals on the go.

On a side note why the hell would anyone want to eat that over a regular meal or shake lol. Your buddy is nuts. Are they super cheap or something?
Convenience I guess. He's always moving around and hates cooking.

J

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Huel Black Edition - been using it for 6 months now, excellent flavors and nutrition profile.