Best Home Chin-up/Pull-up bar?

VeeSix

Awards
Does such a bar exist that doesn't require any permanent fixings to the door frame which can safely support ~90KG/187lbs without slippage or breaking the doorframe?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had the iron gym pull up bar up in my doorway for a year or so with no problems. I weigh 190lbs. As long as your doorway aint termite fodder it will do.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was wonderign about this too, but I'm 240 lol.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wonderign about this too, but I'm 240 lol.
My coworker is about 215 and it's fine for him. That's about all I can assume for 240. It prolly wouldn't hold up to years of being your only pull up bar, but an occasional one I think it would do. The iron gym is pretty cheap, I bought mine at bed bath and beyond and used a coupon to boot. If you need a hardcore everyday gonna Kip and use wieght bar you may want to look into building a real rig.

Alpha Mind

Awards
Iron Gym is the way to go. It doesn't F up your door, very strong, and easy to remove. I got mine for $20 at Walgreens

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
My coworker is about 215 and it's fine for him. That's about all I can assume for 240. It prolly wouldn't hold up to years of being your only pull up bar, but an occasional one I think it would do. The iron gym is pretty cheap, I bought mine at bed bath and beyond and used a coupon to boot. If you need a hardcore everyday gonna Kip and use wieght bar you may want to look into building a real rig.
Well on the plus side, my house is solid brick built in the 1910s.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say fro an occasion use it would be fine. and I mean occasion by a couple times a day. Even if hou have to replace it ecvery 6 months 20 bucks is not bad.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iron Gym is the way to go. It doesn't F up your door, very strong, and easy to remove. I got mine for $20 at Walgreens
I posted 20 bucks ithout reading your post, but yeah 20 bucks is what it can be had easily

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used a door frame pull up bar for awhile but I eventually upgraded to a mount on one. It's MUCH better and not too expensive, I got mine from Pacillos.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 5
hvactech Training Forum 2
Danus Supplements 91
lukehayd General Chat 1
Grunt76 Weight Loss 4