Best Greens Powder?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just curious as to what everyone’s preferred greens powder product is. I’ve used both Panda Supps Natural Greens and Alpha Lion Superhuman Greens. I’m not too savvy on the category and was wondering which of the two are superior in terms of profile? I like both for their flavor (pineapple) but would give Panda the edge here. Feel free to include other product recommendations.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve used Controlled Labs Oximega greens before. Has a pretty good reputation. It’s spearmint flavored, but DOESN’T taste like sh!t. Pretty good profile too. Didn’t agree with my stomach unfortunately. I actually have a tub that’s missing just a few servings that I’ll send your way if you’re interested.

Reactions: ZOO
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not big into these so I don't really know what's out there but I use a all in one product that has 50 fruits, vegetables and "super foods" lol

It's call orgain organic superfoods. It's about $1.10 per serving. When I'm using it I generally put 2 servings in a gallon jug with 10gm eaas and some lemon juice and sip it through the day.

There's other times when I had a unplanned high calorie meal and instead of going over my totals I will have a chicken breast or some kind of lean meat and replace my starch and vegetables with a serving to keep on track with my calories.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glaxon Super Greens Dinosaur Fruit tastes pretty good for a greens product.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve used Controlled Labs Oximega greens before. Has a pretty good reputation. It’s spearmint flavored, but DOESN’T taste like sh!t. Pretty good profile too. Didn’t agree with my stomach unfortunately. I actually have a tub that’s missing just a few servings that I’ll send your way if you’re interested.
I mix it in my oatmeal so I’ll pass on the spearmint haha. But thank you for the generous offer, brother!!! I was mostly looking at these two products as I like both but am not sure which is the better of the two. I heard mixed things about Ashwagandh as far as possible liver toxicity which has me leaning towards Superhuman over Panda.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix it in my oatmeal so I’ll pass on the spearmint haha. But thank you for the generous offer, brother!!! I was mostly looking at these two products as I like both but am not sure which is the better of the two. I heard mixed things about Ashwagandh as far as possible liver toxicity which has me leaning towards Superhuman over Panda.
No minty fresh oatmeal?? Lol
I saw a couple papers that mention the possibility of ashwagandha being liver toxic, but it seems to be exceedingly rare. From those, it wasn’t clear if the folks with liver damage consumed other compounds or drank high amounts of alcohol. It’s not something I’ve really dug into though to be honest.

I’m partial to Alpha Lion (ever since you pointed me toward them for other things), and actually might give their greens a shot myself.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some of the better ones out there IMO

Core (Truserv, spectra, priboitic)
Arms Race Greens (Priboitic, Phyto-C, Epicor)
Ghost Greens (Full Digestive Enzyme/Probiotic +7g Greens/Reds )
Alpha Lion
Glaxon (Greens, reds, mushroom blend, Ashwagandha)

Now. you have to put into consideration what you mean by "Best", are you looking for anything else besides greens/reds? What other aspects do you want in this powder or product?

Each one has a bit of a spin-off, so this will really vary based on your needs.

I've never heard of someone mixing greens into their oatmeal, buts it's not a bad idea to take it with a higher fat meal because of the fat-soluble ingredients. I prefer to see people take it first thing in the AM or take it away from their workouts.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of the better ones out there IMO

Core (Truserv, spectra, priboitic)
Arms Race Greens (Priboitic, Phyto-C, Epicor)
Ghost Greens (Full Digestive Enzyme/Probiotic +7g Greens/Reds )
Alpha Lion
Glaxon (Greens, reds, mushroom blend, Ashwagandha)

Now. you have to put into consideration what you mean by "Best", are you looking for anything else besides greens/reds? What other aspects do you want in this powder or product?

Each one has a bit of a spin-off, so this will really vary based on your needs.

I've never heard of someone mixing greens into their oatmeal, buts it's not a bad idea to take it with a higher fat meal because of the fat-soluble ingredients. I prefer to see people take it first thing in the AM or take it away from their workouts.
I like mixing the pineapple flavored Greens with my pineapple banana EAAs. It adds a great taste and gets more nutrients into the mix. The main part of my oatmeal mix is 4 eggs plus egg whites. It sounds weird but is very delicious. So the flavor option of the Greens is very important too. I'm mostly just looking for the all around best profile of greens and reds (appropriately dosed and varied) but also like having immune and probiotics as part of the profile.

Attachments

pcf

Awards
Gcode Life has an awesome profile and tastes pretty good!

pcf

Awards
Gcode Life has an awesome profile and tastes pretty good!

Homestead

Homestead

Awards
vibrant health green vibrance coconut chocolate. Have been using for 5 years.
on the expensive side, but tastes good.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I liked Ultimate Nutrition Greens and Controlled Labs Oximega Greens. But I'm really liking Glaxon Greens (Dinosaur Fruit).

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The problem with greens are, no matter HOW good it tastes you get totally sick of ingesting it daily unless you're super duper hardcore.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the input, guys!

Funny enough I’ve actually grown to enjoy the “greens” taste that comes from these powders. But again I mix it in my oatmeal (or fauxmeal) with EAAs and eggs/whites so it’s different than drinking it straight up. Also, I throw a bit of cinnamon in there for good measure also. Shiiiiiiits good :)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is purely on taste and cost, but Jacked Factory Green Surge, Sour Apple is probably the best one I've had since @The_Solution put me on to it. But I also really like Redcon1's GI Juice Grape. Didn't love the taste of Alpha Lion's pineapple.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Moringa, Irish Sea moss make ur own!!

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is purely on taste and cost, but Jacked Factory Green Surge, Sour Apple is probably the best one I've had since @The_Solution put me on to it. But I also really like Redcon1's GI Juice Grape. Didn't love the taste of Alpha Lion's pineapple.
Their GI Juice also comes in the Pineapple Banana flavor. I might try one of each next time there is a BOGO or is your code still good for the 40%?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vibrant health green vibrance coconut chocolate. Have been using for 5 years.
on the expensive side, but tastes good.
vibrant health green vibrance has a good profile but it's so expensive

I find products which are half the price are rubbish

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Efx sports has a great one on their site.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigGame84 Supplements 13
Supplements 0
Supplements 19
Myrmidon Supplements 24
MPFit Supplements 14