Best creatine/fish oil?

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
Pretty much the only supplements I take. Everything else is just bull**** marketing. Sorry, it's the truth. Pretty sure Louis Cyr didn't chug some red, artificial sweetener infused concoction pre workout. I digress, anyone else take these two? If so, what's your brand and why?

Vj63

Banned
Awards
I would say for a strongman like yourself, that white creatine would be awesome. I would just get my fish oil from eating fish sticks(Mrs. Paul's or Gorton's).

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Not saying that supplements are by any means necessary but there are some that have evidence to be beneficial.

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
I would say for a strongman like yourself, that white creatine would be awesome. I would just get my fish oil from eating fish sticks(Mrs. Paul's or Gorton's).
Love the fish sticks comment. Lol. I use Anabolic Gardens for fish oil right now. High amounts of DPA/EPA. Is white creatine a brand?

jerseyswol

Awards
As far as creatine goes I used to use the MP blend of creatine, but recently I switched to optimum's because it was cheap and still good quality

Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
What is DPA?
Ha! DHA. You knew what I meant. A combination of heavy squat session and staying up past my bedtime. Lol.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
For the Omegas, I use iForce Fish Oil and Udo's Oil. For creatine, I use Creatine Mono. IMO no reason to use anything else. Plus it is also inexpensive.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
For the Omegas, I use iForce Fish Oil and Udo's Oil. For creatine, I use Creatine Mono. IMO no reason to use anything else. Plus it is also inexpensive.
Youre in trouble you didnt say creaplex!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I use IForce's Fish Oil with Mint to help combat the fish oil burps.

GH247

GH247

Awards
I just use SNS monohydrate most of the time for creatine. Used a couple tubs of Genomyx Creignite recently though and enjoyed them.

For fish oil, I usually use CL Oximega but switch it up if I find a quality product on sale.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't appear that fish oil gets much better than Spring Valley Triple Strength fish oil. It's a higher quality product (Sundown Triple Strength) rebranded for Walmart's massive discount. NOW Ultra Omega 3 is decent as well.

Anabolic Gardens makes a sad product. The iForce isn't much better. The CL Oximega is slightly better, though hardly extraordinary.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty much the only supplements I take. Everything else is just bull**** marketing. Sorry, it's the truth. Pretty sure Louis Cyr didn't chug some red, artificial sweetener infused concoction pre workout. I digress, anyone else take these two? If so, what's your brand and why?
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/finaflex-redefine-nutrition-crea-trona.html I have used several creatines over the last 14 years. Some tend to bloat me more then others. I still say Mono is the best way to go. I found these couple yrs ago and now have them as my go 2 creatine. Fish oils I normally just grab some from local herb store.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strongman Ian

Strongman Ian

Awards
KrisL

I currently take Anabolic Gardens. Do they use an inferior fish source? What makes Spring Valley and NOW better? Just curious.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
More EPA & DHA, less junk oil (it's the EPA/DHA that are helpful, not the oil), lower price, and enteric coatings.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine -bulk mono, whoever is cheapest

Fish oil -HALEO Omega Red

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine, look for creapure creatine monohydrate. I use Optimum Nutriton's. Fish Oil, I use Nutraplanets. They had a hell of a deal on the 1,000 cap bottle.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bulk Mono, take 5g on workout days
Aim for 2-3g of EPA/DHA .. i personally enjoy Oxi-Omega.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So many options OP. SNS sells a 1.2kg no frills Creatine Mono for very cheap.

As for fish oil, bleh. Rather spend my money elsewhere

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Optimum and Nutra require swallowing a ridiculous number of caps to get an effective dose, IIRC, really negating the cost benefit.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Optimum and Nutra require swallowing a ridiculous number of caps to get an effective dose, IIRC, really negating the cost benefit.
Can you provide a breakdown of the daily cost of using NP's bulk caps versus the products you recommend as being superior, to illustrate that their is no cost advantage? I've done a few such comparisons and have always found the NP caps to be the best buy.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Any bulk creatine monohydrate. I usually buy the 1200 gram tub from SNS. The rest of your post is pretty ignorant, but hey, you're only short-changing yourself. But it's great how you think you know better than everyone else on the board.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Can you provide a breakdown of the daily cost of using NP's bulk caps versus the products you recommend as being superior, to illustrate that their is no cost advantage? I've done a few such comparisons and have always found the NP caps to be the best buy.
The frustrating part of your question is that I had a chart of all the fish oils in the All Fish Oils Created Equal? thread, but it was just deleted for some reason. If there's actualy a demand, I'll remake the table and make a thread for the information. Here's a sample:

NameCaps/DosePrice/DoseList EPATest EPACoatingTriglyceride
Nutrigold Triple2$0.39750900No
Spring Val Triple3$0.35647Yes
NOW Ultra3$0.37500650Yes
Sundown Triple3$0.80647730Yes
Anabolic Gardens5$2.08360No
iForce6$0.75300No
NutraPlanet10$0.35180No
Optimum Nutrition12$0.90160Yes