Best budget or ‘bang for buck’ car headlight bulbs?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Howdy…random question but general chat is the right place 🤷‍♂️

My car blows thru headlight bulbs, too damn often…I’m looking on Amazon for something less expensive than the Walmart silverstars.

The specific bulb is an h1

Anyone have any luck with anything on Amazon?

Thanks

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You get what you pay for

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bulbs should last you a few years. You may have something up with the wiring. Have you ever had someone look at it? I’ve never experimented with different bulbs, the shop I work at keeps a bunch in stock, so I’ve just used those, never had a problem.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would go to a few different sites and check reviews not just amazon, we have a car store called halfords in UK and they sell 25% longer life bulbs for £5 roughly

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took this bulb out and can see the filament is busted…that’s the problem 99% of the time…shitt roads

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The head light bulbs you get at the local stores are not the same quality as what the dealer has. I had that problem with silver stars a few years ago and a dealer mechanic gave me that tip. Just bought the bull from the dealer and it lasted as it should.

I also just picked up a pair of LED retro fit bulbs from Amazon for my wife’s car but haven’t put them in yet. I like the idea of being able to plug in an LED bulb in an H7 socket.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I also just picked up a pair of LED retro fit bulbs from Amazon for my wife’s car but haven’t put them in yet. I like the idea of being able to plug in an LED bulb in an H7 socket.
Lemme know If ya do that! Was considering it

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lemme know If ya do that! Was considering it
LEDs should have excellent longevity, but most of my experience seeing them has been people trying to customize the lighting on their cars and it wasn’t done super well. I think some types of bulbs you can get an LED that will fit directly, but I don’t remember for sure.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We have installed hundreds of this brand, fair price, very good quality !!

1Sam

Awards
Haven't posted on the forum for a while but came across this thread. Lots of knowledge here so usually just reading. Being that I deal with vehicles everyday. What is the year make and model. LED's might be a good investment. Retrofitsource is also a good site to look into.