Best bang for buck Bathroom Scale

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey I'm looking to get a better bathroom scale that will tell me more than just weight and hopefully be more accurate.

From everyone's experience how accurate can the scales be for body fat %?

Any suggestions for a good scale that doesn't cost a fortune?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm pretty sure there's zero possible way a bathroom scale can tell you your body fat percentage.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Get a skulpt. While it may not be 100% accurate, the measurements are consistent and shows muscle quality as well as bf%

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Save your money and look in the mirror. It'll be much more accurate lol
Super helpful! Thanks. I plan on doing a bulk using a bulking supplement and I just wanted something else to have a number to compare and log

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Get a skulpt. While it may not be 100% accurate, the measurements are consistent and shows muscle quality as well as bf%
Cool I've never heard of it. Do you have one?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Mine was like $99.. Is it needed. No.. But it's another form of measurement and more fun for me than using a tape measure every damn week lol.

Just make sure your phone can install the skulpt app! I think I have the Aim, but I bought it over a year ago so there might be newer and Better out!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Screenshot_20170707-165615.png

Pic after a scan from a few months ago. Can toggle which side of body, muscle quality, and body fat

Urkel2Merkel

Urkel2Merkel

Awards
I've done those sit down machines in stores. Probably cost thousands of dollars to make them. The exact same machine in the exact same session gave me a body fat % that was off by 4%. I'm very skeptical that a $100 machine that sits on the floor could be better.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I've done those sit down machines in stores. Probably cost thousands of dollars to make them. The exact same machine in the exact same session gave me a body fat % that was off by 4%. I'm very skeptical that a $100 machine that sits on the floor could be better.
Skulpt is not a $100 machine that sits on the floor? Did you even look it up lol?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
+ or minus 3-6 percent variance on bf% scales.

Not accurate.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Skulpt is not a $100 machine that sits on the floor? Did you even look it up lol?
It's a $100 machine you rub all over your body, though. Lol interesting concept but it's easier to look in the mirror, and unless you're a pro level bodybuilder it's completely unnecessary for that amount of detail, whether it's accurate or not.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So all the scales that do it are just making up a number?
I'm with Rascal.

A $5 caliper and learning to do your own skinfolds will be way more accurate. After doing it weekly for like 4 months, you will look in the mirror and predict your skinfold results. Sort of in the same way you have to learn how many grams of macros are in a meal, and then you can eventually eye ball pretty darn close with practice.