Berberine Products Tested *And* Named

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Swanson used to have Berberine HCL 97%. After the sale of the company they downgraded many of their individual bulk standardized products quietly while maintaining or increasing pricing. Their bulk Berberine caps no longer state any level of standardization so their is no way to tell for sure how much actual Berberne Hcl you are getting and the amount could vary from batch to batch.

Something similar thing happened with their Gymnema Sylvestre 75% Gymnemic Acid which is now 12% Gymnemic Acid. At least this product still states the the % of standardization.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2017/08/915-berberine-supps-names-included-on.html

I used a photo editor tool and eyeballed Swanson to be about 82/83% which equals about 328-332mg (didn't read the study). I'd still get that one based on price, but I didn't do the math on Nutritional Concepts or Vitacost based on cap amount/mg/cost.
berberine HCl holds moisture and most test (china) on a "wet" basis and "dry" basis. a 97% berberine HCl is about 10-15% moisture....

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I never took Swanson seriously, but I guess their products are alright!
Swanson is the only big distributor like that TO take seriously, actually.

3rd party tested, and as I recall one of the few who's EPA Fish Oil was totally legit in a sea of fakes and dupes.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swanson has always fared better than NOW foods when it comes to testing

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swanson has always fared better than NOW foods when it comes to testing
That's how it always begins. You start with NOW thinking they are reputable, then find out lots of their product failed testing, so you move to Puritans Pride and the more research you do you realize they are using poor forms of vitamins/blends/additives in theirs, which leads you to Swanson, which is truly the best.