BennyMagoo's Training Log

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, haven't updated my log for a while!

I've been having heaps of fun at the gym while on holidays and still unable to squat heavy - last week I worked up to 140kgx8 but felt immediately ****ed afterward and really struggled for a couple days - and have found myself training competitively with a few of my gym bros just for ****s and giggles. This has resulted in a few PRs:
Bench 125kgx8 (nearly got 9)
Pullups with 10kg for 12reps
DB OHP 35kgx6
BB OHP 70kgx6
In addition to massive reduction to deadlift and squat volume I have a couple of changes:
1.) Zero PWO (this still kind of sucks, even after 3 weeks)
2.) Been walking & jogging around a reservoir near my house, about 5-6km, after weights
3.) Fasting between 6pm and 10am most days.

Starting to feel pretty good as my body adapts to the cardio. Actually have more energy and patience in the afternoons.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench 125kgx8 (nearly got 9)
Pullups with 10kg for 12reps
Hell yeah! Breathing down my neck, dammit!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting this "vaginal feeling".... Brothers on AM are manhandling me...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good on you for pushing what you can, and getting into better shape! Your body & heart will thank you.

You still got me on bench and pull-ups, but at least I got you on overhead. I actually benched 275x6 Friday - if I had known you were gonna do 8 maybe I would have tried harder

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good on you for pushing what you can, and getting into better shape! Your body & heart will thank you.

You still got me on bench and pull-ups, but at least I got you on overhead. I actually benched 275x6 Friday - if I had known you were gonna do 8 maybe I would have tried harder
Do it!
I bet you can really bench more than me, it's just that I'm fresh every week from reduced squats and deads.

Here is 127.5kg tng:
https://youtu.be/UMkVa-ULhgY

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
He is still digesting tons of holiday food, give him a couple of days.
Yes!
Finally stopped eating everything yesterday, after staying with Mum and Dad up the coast for 2 nights to celebrate some family birthdays.

Did 3 exercises this morning in the gym:
Bench 125kg 3x5
Seated cable row dropsets x3
Strict OHP 60kg 3x6

Will head out bush this afternoon.

Also, on another note, over my holidays my employment contract for 2019 was cancelled, so today marks the first day of work for my new business, domestic plumbing & drainage. Wish me luck!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes!
Finally stopped eating everything yesterday, after staying with Mum and Dad up the coast for 2 nights to celebrate some family birthdays.

Bench 125kg 3x5
Strict OHP 60kg 3x6

Also, on another note, over my holidays my employment contract for 2019 was cancelled, so today marks the first day of work for my new business, domestic plumbing & drainage. Wish me luck!
Oh sh1t. I definitely wish you luck!
Domestic plumbing:
A huge BennyMagoo79 -monster appears, grabs your toilet with one hand and uproots it off the ground (with you on it).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very cool Benny! Way to better yourself and your family!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes!

Bench 125kg 3x5
Strict OHP 60kg 3x6

Congratulations mate - shame you aren’t in the UK, id have a little job for you right now.

Seriously though best of luck in your new venture.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Return of the Magoo

I'm back baby. Squatting like a ****ing boss today after several weeks off. No problems hitting 140kg for 3x5. Yippykaiyayy.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hows the new business going benny??
Sorry dude, didn't see this!
It's going ok. Things have slowed down over here so not the most fertile environment for a new business, but I am making enough to feed my family and pay the bills so can't complain!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry dude, didn't see this!
It's going ok. Things have slowed down over here so not the most fertile environment for a new business, but I am making enough to feed my family and pay the bills so can't complain!
Good to hear mate