Beer makes me bigger and leaner?!?!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I like to have a beer or glass of wine or two every few days. I gave this up for a few months trying to get leaner. I gave up and started enjoying a glass or 2 of beer or wine. I notice it makes my muscles "fuller" and my waist over an inch smaller from the past week or so (and continuing to get smaller). I wonder what causes this? My only supp at the moment is Yellow Gold. Perhaps the the diuretic effect that makes me look leaner and the carbs combined with the YG making me seem fuller?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Alcohol thins out the blood, so you get more blood flow to the muscles.

Its also a diuretic, so it will help you lose water, making you appear more lean, and can take a lil bit off your waist.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if Samuel Adams is gonna use this to try and sell more of there nasty Basstun Beer.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I like to have a beer or glass of wine or two every few days. I gave this up for a few months trying to get leaner. I gave up and started enjoying a glass or 2 of beer or wine. I notice it makes my muscles "fuller" and my waist over an inch smaller from the past week or so (and continuing to get smaller). I wonder what causes this? My only supp at the moment is Yellow Gold. Perhaps the the diuretic effect that makes me look leaner and the carbs combined with the YG making me seem fuller?
Heres your explanation:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
To be honest with you... I've been lifting for almost 8 years now, and in like the 3rd and 4th year, I would drink HEAVILY at times (say 4 times/week) but at the same time was still consistent as ever with my diet (besides the alchy) and training, and I made some serious gains within that time juice free... It always made me think that alcohol at times made my body soak up more nutrients or something, was weird... or maybe I'm just weird??:rolleyes: :cheers: