Been experimenting with a "vegan" HCLF diet

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well , after a long period with high protein, low carb and mod fat, basically carnivore style, I switched to eating primarily carbs for a short time. Mainly oats, cream of rice, banana and potato. Also my green veggies and some cruciferous vegetables. Seems like I am drying out and responding to the diet again and my vascularity has increased a lot! Hunger and appetite is back up too. I guess my body was rejecting and or, not responding to the low carb diet anymore. Wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this and experienced the same? Keep in mind , my fat and protein is pretty low. I seem to bloat and my water retention gets worse with high amounts of protein now. Not sure why , but I guess you have to mix it up sometimes.

Edit: Also, if I combine high protein with more carbs and or high fats with carbs, it worsens as well.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll say that I’ve done this style before when I’ve been super low on money and have gotten the same or similar results

B

btothefman

Awards
Check out Netflix 'Game Changers', a lot of what you are experiencing could be due to remi king animal products from your diet.