Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just wondering if anyone uses peptides or other things to beef up there trt protocol and make it feel more like a cycle. Excluding other steroids, sarms and hgh.

I plan on adding injectable Carnitine, already use 5mg tadalifil eod, what else could be a fairly cost effective add on to help and give a little boost.

Looking for better recovery, pumps ect, anything that gives a little edge that's not a steroid, sarm or actual hgh

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have been on carnitine and yes have felt some difference. Also add boron which is dirt cheap for free T, lowering shbg, E. Adding tongkat would amplify this.

Anything to further increase AR sensitivity = butea-DHT conv,

adequate zinc, selenium, mag, vitd3, k2

i found cordyceps to be pretty pro-androgenic also helps with workouts.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first thing I was going to say was GH, but then I read your full post. For regular TRT with a little kick, I like some pregnenolone and dhea. It’s obviously not adding anything too noticeable in the gains or strength departments, but the synergy of the three (preg, dhea, test) is pretty nice in my opinion. Preg really boosts cognition for me as well so that’s a nice little bonus. But, I tend to feel better when I have a little of those on board.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been on carnitine and yes have felt some difference. Also add boron which is dirt cheap for free T, lowering shbg, E. Adding tongkat would amplify this.

I gotta look into cordyceps. Hear plenty of good things about it. Out of curiosity, do you only use it on workout days or do you constantly keep it in your system?

Dfirestine220

Dfirestine220

Awards
Try adding the injectable b6.the b6 and the carnitine work well together.better recovery ,protien synthesis

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Got the boron and all those vitamins covered with maybe the exception of k2.

What's cordyceps, gotta look that up. I've heard of it but can't put my finger on what it is/does

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The first thing I was going to say was GH, but then I read your full post. For regular TRT with a little kick, I like some pregnenolone and dhea. It’s obviously not adding anything too noticeable in the gains or strength departments, but the synergy of the three (preg, dhea, test) is pretty nice in my opinion. Preg really boosts cognition for me as well so that’s a nice little bonus. But, I tend to feel better when I have a little of those on board.
Gh would be my first choice, but I don't wanna risk ugl, if I was to pick some up it would be pharma and I've got the connection but can't afford it at the moment

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm picking up some Carnitine from AA, if any of you use them what else could I grab from them that would fit goals. I don't quite understand the benifits of there injectable pump products and injectable bcaa's. I'm assuming there nothing special or I would hear more ppl talking about them

Dfirestine220

Dfirestine220

Awards
I'm picking up some Carnitine from AA, if any of you use them what else could I grab from them that would fit goals. I don't quite understand the benifits of there injectable pump products and injectable bcaa's. I'm assuming there nothing special or I would hear more ppl talking about them
Or there's just not alot of ppl wanting to have to pin themself Ed w extra stuff you know.i used to take the b6, carnitine,primo,sust,winny.i was in my best condition ever then,but I can't be exact that the 2 contributed that much,but I know they had some effect.i also took animal pack too

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Or there's just not alot of ppl wanting to have to pin themself Ed w extra stuff you know.i used to take the b6, carnitine,primo,sust,winny.i was in my best condition ever then,but I can't be exact that the 2 contributed that much,but I know they had some effect.i also took animal pack too
Must have been the animal pak def 😉

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Cordyceps sounds interesting to say the least. Just did so e reading. Does anyone know what the Difference is between the cordyceps from the wild vs. The stuff they grow in a lab. Does it make a difference?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cordyceps sounds interesting to say the least. Just did so e reading. Does anyone know what the Difference is between the cordyceps from the wild vs. The stuff they grow in a lab. Does it make a difference?
most of your supps are cordycepts M. it's not the one that grows out of bugs. some, like cordygen, have cordycepts S too, but I think you mostly just need M. I do like cordygen tho

nootropics Depot 10:1 cordycepts M is popular right now

then there's Peak02. it's a proprietary blend but cordycepts M is the main ingredient.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
peak o2 appears to be the cheapest and easiest way to get a reputable cordyceps. BTW 1:1 extraction which is not tech extract preserves the most beneficial polysaccharides.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bump

Soooo....... I'm thinking about doing this for 30 days on top of trt

Injectable Carnitine 600mg per day
Igf-1 lr3 100mcg eod or 50 daily pre workout
Cjc w dac 2mg per week
Mk 677 25mg probably before bed on the opposite days of igf or maybe 5 on 2 off
Boron 6mg per day.

Does this sound interesting to anyone or does it sound like I'm wasting money trying to turn trt into a cycle without adding more steroids. Cus on one hand I'm thinking this stack should help build muscle and burn fat. On the other hand it's a decent amount of money that might not really pan out like I'm hopping.

Currently doing a very slow cut/recomp, or at least that's the plan.

I guess I'm looking for some ya or nay type responses

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
peak o2 appears to be the cheapest and easiest way to get a reputable cordyceps. BTW 1:1 extraction which is not tech extract preserves the most beneficial polysaccharides.
interesting. so you don't recommend 10:1? I'm testing 10:1 vs cordygen right now

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
interesting. so you don't recommend 10:1? I'm testing 10:1 vs cordygen right now
you already have it so just use it.
I heard that 1:1 is best because polysaccharides are the beneficial compounds in cordyceps. So an extraction would not be more effective. next time just buy 1:1 cordyceps powder. this info was stated by ND owner on reddit, their cordyceps 10:1 and 1:1 have similar beta glucan % and cordycepin amount

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bump

Soooo....... I'm thinking about doing this for 30 days on top of trt

Injectable Carnitine 600mg per day
Igf-1 lr3 100mcg eod or 50 daily pre workout
Cjc w dac 2mg per week
Mk 677 25mg probably before bed on the opposite days of igf or maybe 5 on 2 off
Boron 6mg per day.

Does this sound interesting to anyone or does it sound like I'm wasting money trying to turn trt into a cycle without adding more steroids. Cus on one hand I'm thinking this stack should help build muscle and burn fat. On the other hand it's a decent amount of money that might not really pan out like I'm hopping.

Currently doing a very slow cut/recomp, or at least that's the plan.

I guess I'm looking for some ya or nay type responses
i dont know much about IGF, cjc but MK may make you more hungry thus making it harder to cut - unless you are really good at controlling hunger via IF?.

Boron is cheap wont hurt to do. Inj carni 600mg - how many CC is that? are you gonna get tired of pinning 3cc every day? pin cushion??

perhaps 200mg inj carnitine + 2-4 gm oral.
6-12mg boron.
lots of black coffee, forskolin, oral carnitine fasted.
Mucuna before bed.

I also just read that Tribulus also plays a role in androgen receptors + more DHT conversion..

article on Ergo-log regarding diosgenin increasing DHT at the cell level. (wild yam extract)

I am personally getting tired of chasing the unicorn of supplementation to never finding. I have been lifting for 19 years gainz are so miniscule natty. at the end of the day your TRT is the gonna be 99% major driver. These supplements may or may not make any diff. depends how deep your pockets are if these supps are worth trying.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also a buddy of mine is telling me that he has been using his injectable Carnitine in place of back water to reconstitute his peptides. Never heard anyone doing that but I guess it's in sterile water so it couldn't hurt anything right?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i dont know much about IGF, cjc but MK may make you more hungry thus making it harder to cut - unless you are really good at controlling hunger via IF?.

Boron is cheap wont hurt to do. Inj carni 600mg - how many CC is that? are you gonna get tired of pinning 3cc every day? pin cushion??

6-12mg boron.
Mucuna before bed.

I also just read that Tribulus also plays a role in androgen receptors + more DHT conversion..

article on Ergo-log regarding diosgenin increasing DHT at the cell level. (wild yam extract)
I've used cjc and mk and they only boost my hunger for a few days and that's it so not a problem. I'm new to igf.

Carnitine I have done up to 3g oral and it doesn't do much so I plan on 600 + 2g oral to hopefully give me the equivalent of a 1000mg injectable. All the ppl I know who are using it say that's where they noticed the benifits. If that doesn't pan out il go to 1000 injectable and ditch the oral

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

6-12mg boron.
Mucuna before bed.

My source for Carnitine has 600mg/ml, actually a lot of different places have that concentration now. So only 1cc per day

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My source for Carnitine has 600mg/ml, actually a lot of different places have that concentration now. So only 1cc per day
run it and report here how it turns out.

this guy's stuff is awesome

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
run it and report here how it turns out.

this guy's stuff is awesome

The Carnitine is a definite in this equation. I know that 2 to 300 is good for the androgen receptor thing and heart remodeling in a couple other general health things. The reason I'm going higher is because a thousand seems to be where everyone reports the very noticeable fat loss and overall sense of well being. Il check out the link you provided and when I come to a final conclusion on what I'm going to use il start a thread or update here

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Tomorrow or Saturday I will be placing a order for l-carnitine. I'm on and will continue to be on 150mg testosterone the whole time. start with 300 injectable carn + 1000 oral carn. After 2 weeks 600 injectable + 1000 oral then 900 injectable/ 1000 oral. That will be 6 weeks on l-carnitine at varying doses to see what it can do for fat loss and whatever else. I'm going to be in the smallest most unaggressive defect possible so that I can really see what the carn is doing. I'm hopping to start this august 1st or the following Sunday. For anyone that doesn't know me I'm constantly bouncing up and down in weight doing stupid experiments but I have been steady recomping for a while now and am at a pretty good place. Bf is reasonable and I'm holding what I consider to be a "decent amount of muscle on my 5'9 frame for only being 191lbs at the moment. I can update here or start a half ass log.

Most recent pic is less then a week old I think, the abs pic is probably from 2 weeks ago but this is where I'm at

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Legs are my weakest link, broke my ankles a few years back and they vanished lol. I have them back to normal looking but definitely underdeveloped in comparison to my upper body. Still will not be training them very hard as I'm doing a 50/50 mix of bodybuilding and boxing workouts and I can't afford legs being sore for days. Il pick back up on the legs this winter

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any suggestions to add to my trt and l-carn are welcome as long as its not a steroid. I'm trying to stick to trt till October

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the carnitine supposed to do and how much does one inject?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There's a ton of stuff Carnitine does from androgen receptors to heart health, increases work capacity, improved libido, lower blood Suger ect. Most of those things can be done with 300ish mg per day. But after talking to several people I'm seeing a lot of feedback that at 1000mg there is another level of benefits from fat loss and cognitive function, and improved cosmetic effects on the body overall, and overall energy. They have guidelines based on weight but regardless of male or female and body weight when you get around that 1000mark it seems to shine best. I'm basing that off of speaking to 2 trainers I know that are using it with there clients as well as a few friends and also there is a YouTube amateur bodybuilder I follow that swears by the stuff. I don't know how well known he is but his coach is Jordan Peter's and he knows his **** as well. I don't know of any negatives in taking it so I'm giving it a shot, if it doesn't pan out I only wasted $60

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've also been told you need to dose it pre-workout or pre cardio with either insulin, or a fast carbohydrate like branched chain cyclic dextrin or dextrose

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also want to note that I have not seen anyone reap the benifits from oral Carnitine in any form. There's studies saying it works but the only results I have seen or heard from trusted ppl are when it's used in injectable form. The only reason I have 1000mg of the oral in the mix is because I have a bunch of a bpi product kicking around that I usually just use to flavor my water lol, but it has that in it

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There's a ton of stuff Carnitine does from androgen receptors to heart health, increases work capacity, improved libido, lower blood Suger ect. Most of those things can be done with 300ish mg per day. But after talking to several people I'm seeing a lot of feedback that at 1000mg there is another level of benefits from fat loss and cognitive function, and improved cosmetic effects on the body overall, and overall energy. They have guidelines based on weight but regardless of male or female and body weight when you get around that 1000mark it seems to shine best. I'm basing that off of speaking to 2 trainers I know that are using it with there clients as well as a few friends and also there is a YouTube amateur bodybuilder I follow that swears by the stuff. I don't know how well known he is but his coach is Jordan Peter's and he knows his **** as well. I don't know of any negatives in taking it so I'm giving it a shot, if it doesn't pan out I only wasted $60
So a gram a day injected?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So a gram a day injected?
That's what I'm told to start getting maximum benefits. Some guys go higher but I'm working my way up to a gram so I can see the difference along the way. Good thing this stuff is 600mg/ml, it would suck if you had to use the old 200mg ones. 5ml daily, no thanks lol

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you already have it so just use it.
I heard that 1:1 is best because polysaccharides are the beneficial compounds in cordyceps. So an extraction would not be more effective. next time just buy 1:1 cordyceps powder. this info was stated by ND owner on reddit, their cordyceps 10:1 and 1:1 have similar beta glucan % and cordycepin amount
ya after testing I'd say 10:1 and cordygen have similar but different effects. hard to describe but I'm stacking them now. 3 cordygen, one 10:1

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m gonna take a break from carnitine, tongkat, butea, black ginger, cistanche.. my beard def filled in on bare spots in the last 3 months btw. So dht increase n AR activation was evident. I had felt major libido increase after adding cistanche which was so obvious.

Just started ajuga turkestanica from bulk supplements + apex ursa. Gonna continue peak o2 and boron.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My Carnitine should arrive Friday but I may not start immediately. I plan to take a week of slacking off before I get into this new diet and such. But my question is and I can't find a definite answer, does l carn need to be refrigerated after opening? I don't believe so but I can't find a ton. Some things say room temp out of direct light, others say refrigerator after opening. I'm stumped

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also want to note that I have not seen anyone reap the benifits from oral Carnitine in any form. There's studies saying it works but the only results I have seen or heard from trusted ppl are when it's used in injectable form. The only reason I have 1000mg of the oral in the mix is because I have a bunch of a bpi product kicking around that I usually just use to flavor my water lol, but it has that in it
Yep, oral bioavailability is awful. Also taking enough to benefit from orally can also convert to TMAO (trimethylamine N-oxide) in the gut which has been linked to cancer, diabetes and heart disease.

You can supposedly eat raw garlic with it to neutralize the TMAO LOL.

Here's a good video:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep, oral bioavailability is awful. Also taking enough to benefit from orally can also convert to TMAO (trimethylamine N-oxide) in the gut which has been linked to cancer, diabetes and heart disease.

You can supposedly eat raw garlic with it to neutralize the TMAO LOL.

Here's a good video:
I'm taking the injectable for the past 10 days or so without the oral . So 300mg pre workout with simple carbs. It has a very significant impact on workouts from day 1. My workouts have been like a 8 or 9 out of 10 every day on 300, if I was to compare that to 3,000 of the oral, the oral would get a big zero out of 10. No comparison at all. The oral is a complete waste of time and money

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking the injectable for the past 10 days or so without the oral . So 300mg pre workout with simple carbs. It has a very significant impact on workouts from day 1. My workouts have been like a 8 or 9 out of 10 every day on 300, if I was to compare that to 3,000 of the oral, the oral would get a big zero out of 10. No comparison at all. The oral is a complete waste of time and money
Thank you for the info. I'm very intrigued about it now. I can certainly use any edge I can get!

Now I'm wondering if I can get injectable from my TRT doc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Every workout feels like I'm on a full blown cycle minus some of the strength gains that gear provides, pumps are outrageous, muscular endurance is greatly enhanced. Strength is normal for the most part. On the oral I noticed nothing, maybe slightly better body composition over a long period of time but nothing to really make note of

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank you for the info. I'm very intrigued about it now. I can certainly use any edge I can get!

Now I'm wondering if I can get injectable from my TRT doc.
There's lots of good quality fairly priced Carnitine around

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Awesome! I'll take a look. I'll also stay tuned for any updates you have.
I've got another thread going, l-carnitine, 150mg testosterone and cutting is the name of the thread. Im impressed with the immediate response, now I'm waiting to see what the longer term benifits are. I stopped cutting as plans changed but still trt and carn and I'm going to slightly up my testosterone this week at some point

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Just be aware, if you are going to use an insulin pin, it takes forever to draw out this concentration...not the end of the world, but just a heads up

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just be aware, if you are going to use an insulin pin, it takes forever to draw out this concentration...not the end of the world, but just a heads up
I use slin pins, I do for most of my oils too, takes about 30 sec to draw 1/2 cc

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I use slin pins, I do for most of my oils too, takes about 30 sec to draw 1/2 cc
Gotcha...yeah, I think next time around I'll just get the 400mg...that was way quicker