Becoming An Alchemist! *A Summer With Apex Alchemy*

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20220531_010818.jpeg

I was so impressed with my first ~month of running Ursa Major, I decided I may as well spend the rest of the summer using Apex products!! This log will be a continuation of >> https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/apex-alchemy-ursa-major-mini-log.328223/

Current staples: Orange Triad, Fish Oils, Cordyceps/Turkey Tail/Reishi, KSM-66 and have some GlycoPhase on hand for when I have somewhat big carb meals. Huge Supplements Pump Serum pre-wo.

Plan for Apex products: Finish off current Ursa Bottle 2ml/ED, and then
Ursa Major 2ml/ED + AET-50 1ml/ED for 60 days
Flashpoint 2ml/ED + Arimahex 1ml/ED for 60 days
Helios 3-5 pumps per day, applied to top of feet/ankles and back of my neck.

Training currently looks like:
Monday - Pull Day / Tuesday - Push Day / Wednesday - Legs / Thursday - Pull Day / Friday - Push Day
Cardio consists of ~3-5 miles of doggo walking a day.

Still got some fat to loose after all my time away from the gym, and it's mainly all in my midsection/chest. Gonna be fun to watch it all vanish as the summer goes on! Really looking forward to trying all these other things from Apex.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great way to enjoy summer!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like a great way to enjoy summer!
Gonna be spending a lot of time rubbing myself :p

Dang it who ordered up all the URSA!? LOL!
I only snagged 2 bottles this past weekend... glad I placed my order like 10 minutes after the sale email went out haha. Completely understand why people load up on this though, it's pretty awesome.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gonna be spending a lot of time rubbing myself :p

I only snagged 2 bottles this past weekend... glad I placed my order like 10 minutes after the sale email went out haha. Completely understand why people load up on this though, it's pretty awesome.
Yep. I picked up some Epichaos in place of it. The Apex line is top notch. I've been temped to try the Flashpoint even though I've always been pretty skeptical of localized topical fat loss products. Nothing in the Apex line has ever let me down though.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep. I picked up some Epichaos in place of it. The Apex line is top notch. I've been temped to try the Flashpoint even though I've always been pretty skeptical of localized topical fat loss products. Nothing in the Apex line has ever let me down though.
The BOGO FREE Sale has been extended through 6/6/22 (as you probably already know), and Nos is hard at work on getting Ursa Major restocked.
:)(y)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In to follow! I might do a log too, I love these products
Thanks for popping in! I used to do logs all the time back in the day, mainly over on bb.com... great way to keep mental notes for yourself haha

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20220528_154440.jpeg

Far too early to say anything about Helios other than: when applied, theres almost an Icy Hot type feeling for a little while. Really noticeable when I put it on the back of my neck.

And I mentioned in the first post the Helios will be going on my ankles/neck.. figured I'd point out one of the reasons my ankles are a spot. Other than my psoriatic arthritis, I've had surgery on both of my ankles. Had full ligament reconstructive surgery on the right side *1st pic* and then a Brostrum repair on the left side *2nd pic*. Waking up they're usually stiff as bricks, so it'll be easy to tell if theres any improvement with this stuff.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that's a nice Apex Alchemy stack! In on this for sure!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another leg day drenched in sweat... really loving that the endurance benefits from Ursa are shinning now.

I haven't really posted my workouts, but just to get an idea of a leg day for me:

Hack Squat/Front Squat Machine - 4-5 sets, got up to ~500lbs for 5 today, nice to have some leg strength back.
Horizontal Leg Press Machine - 5 sets
Leg Extensions - 3 sets/10 reps, kick weight way up, 2 super slow/controlled reps, drop weight way down and do a burnout
Hammer Strength Leg Curls - 4 sets
Glute Kickback machine - 4 sets
Inner/Outter thigh machine - 4 sets for each
Seated calve raises - 4 sets
Finish with some ab work

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Super busy week for me. Aside from my regular gym going, had 3 slowpitch softball games this week. Count that as plenty of extra cardio.

Hopped on the scale today... had been sitting around ~210lbs for a little bit, but I was 205 today. I'd be curios if some of that was just water weight, did a lot of extra sweating this week with all the softball. Got 6 games next week, so the grind continues!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Super busy week for me. Aside from my regular gym going, had 3 slowpitch softball games this week. Count that as plenty of extra cardio.

Hopped on the scale today... had been sitting around ~210lbs for a little bit, but I was 205 today. I'd be curios if some of that was just water weight, did a lot of extra sweating this week with all the softball. Got 6 games next week, so the grind continues!
Not sure where you're located but if it's been as hot and humid as where I'm at I can easily see you dropping 5lbs of water weight.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
~78 and humid up here in CT the past few days... not too crazy, but paired with the Ursa it certainly had me dripping with sweat haha.
Oh yea I can only imagine. Even the slightest humidity will get me sweating if I'm moving outside. :LOL:

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not Apex related but.... FB memories dropped a gem for me today. I guess it was 11 years ago today that me and Vaughn got the initial test tubs of Lemon Drop Hemavol powder. I miss having an unlimited supply of this stuff :p
that stuff is still awesome. unless they finally dropped it. loved that flavor, was amazing even tho id get heartburn from it lol

last time i looked they were still selling the og hemavol along side the new one

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that stuff is still awesome. unless they finally dropped it. loved that flavor, was amazing even tho id get heartburn from it lol

last time i looked they were still selling the og hemavol along side the new one
Supplement Warehouse still has the OG... but they did change the labels, everything is hidden in a prop blend these days. Kinda makes me question wether Hi-Tech quietly changed the dosing around from what it used to be. Might snag some just for nostalgia at some point haha. They've got the blueberry pom, and that flavor was my baby. Took me so god damn long to convince Vaughn to do that flavor lol

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, have been feeling like a bag of ****. Negative 'rona tests, but had a low fever/lovely cough since Monday night. Feeling a bit better as I'm typing this, so hopefully I can get back to the gym tomorrow. Feeling flat as fawk after a couple days of not much eating and no lifting haha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, have been feeling like a bag of ****. Negative 'rona tests, but had a low fever/lovely cough since Monday night. Feeling a bit better as I'm typing this, so hopefully I can get back to the gym tomorrow. Feeling flat as fawk after a couple days of not much eating and no lifting haha
Got a 24 bug myself and am down 4 lbs today. Granted I didn't really eat anything for probably 36 hours though but feeling flat and weak for sure!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fever is gone, head was still a bit stuffy today, but couldn't sit around any more and got back to the gym...

Started off actually feeling pretty strong, but started to feel a little more exhausted than usual towards the end of the workout. Head went from stuffed up to my nose running like a faucet, that was a bit of a PITA haha. Felt good to get some blood pumping again though.

Hopped on the scale just for shits and giggles to see what a couple days of not much eating looked like.... weight was 203.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're usually around 205 to 210 right?
I had been holding somewhat stready around ~210 for a little bit there during the first month and a half of Ursa. But after 10+ hours and 5 games at the softball tournament today, I was 200.2 before getting in the shower.

My quads are furious with me after sitting for a few hours though. Gonna slather them with Helios as an apology lollll

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Apologies for the lack of updates....

Been keeping pretty busy other than the gym, lots of softball games the past couple weeks. Great cardio, but my legs are starting to hate me. Had to hop in the bathtub and load it up with epsom salts a few times for a good soak.

Some things to note:

My weight has been steady around ~200-202lbs for about a week or so now, so the scale seems to finally be catching up with some of the fat loss that I can see. Also starting up the AET-50, so we'll see if that cranks up some of the fat loss on the midsection/side boob area.

And as for the Helios... I can't say much has changed as far as my ankles go, but I feel like the muscles in my neck have certainly 'loosened up' since starting up the Helios.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hope you see some relief in dem kankles 🤞
Between all the injuries/surgeries, the psoriatic arthritis and the wear and tear from softball.... it would truly be a miracle if there were any major changes haha. Would probably need some real long term use to really see improvements, which just means I'll have to order more bottles in the future :p

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Between all the injuries/surgeries, the psoriatic arthritis and the wear and tear from softball.... it would truly be a miracle if there were any major changes haha. Would probably need some real long term use to really see improvements, which just means I'll have to order more bottles in the future :p
ive been on it for like 3 yrs strait now. it is a must have for me!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't post my workouts often, but today felt awesome.

Close Grip Pulldowns
110x16
120x12
130x10
140x10
150x8

Hammer Strength Pulldown
70x12
80x10
90x8
45x16

Close Grip Seated Cable Rows
110x12
120x10
130x10
140x8
90x18

Seated Cable Face Pulls
30x12
40x10
50x8x2

Rack Pulls
225x12
275x10x4

Hammer Strength Curls *wide grip*
45x12
55x10
65x8
75x5
25x17

Seated Rope Hammer Curls
30x10
40x8
50x6
20x14

Reverse Grip Drag Curl
30x12
40x10
50x8
20x14

Nothing gets the sweat pouring like rack pulls. Tossed in the drag curls for the 1st time in a long time, forgot how brutal they are on the forearms. Arms feel like jello.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing gets the sweat pouring like rack pulls
Agreed. And then you throw in that the gym is probably hotter than normal due the heat and it will definitely get you sweating!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20220706_170003.jpeg

I feel bad not posting a ton of updates... but I can only repeat 'I really, really love Ursa' so many times :p

I snagged 3 more bottles + more Helios during the 4th of July sale, which means when I get to the Flashpoint/Arimahex point of this log, I'll be jumping up to 3mL of Ursa a day from the 2mL I've been doing for a while now. That'll be fun as we get to the really hot part of summer around here!

And of note for the Helios: it's not something I really noticed until I was clearing out my softball bag looking for something... in the bottom of my bag I noticed my elbow compression sleeve, untouched for quite a while. As much as I've been playing this year, I really don't think I've worn the sleeve since I jumped on the Helios.

It's not something where my elbow was ever 'in pain', but just kinda generally get a little sore after constant throwing of a ball... I guess I really didn't notice until now that it wasn't happening seeing the unused sleeve. Pretty cool.

Ankles remain kinda status quo, but again, those are a miracle project. It's not like they're getting any rest while I'm running around the bases. After losing all the weight my teams don't give me baserunners as much anymore 😂

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I snagged 3 more bottles + more Helios during the 4th of July sale,
Nice! Always good to take advantage of any holiday sale in my opinion to stock up!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seeing as I plan on bumping up to 3mL of Ursa per day in the near future, I wanted to try out what 2mL pre-gym would feel like as opposed to my normal 1mL.... and sweet Jesus was I sweating today. Gonna be fun when the August humidity rolls in.

And I've got some pictures that do semi-justice to some of the recomp effects I've noticed. Granted the lighting/focus/posing could be better in them, kinda gets the point across.

1st picture is from give or take ~1.5 months ago. I'd say my back/shoulders are looking better, rear delts still need some work. Not mindblowing changes, but it's still progress.

Attachments

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Seeing as I plan on bumping up to 3mL of Ursa per day in the near future, I wanted to try out what 2mL pre-gym would feel like as opposed to my normal 1mL.... and sweet Jesus was I sweating today. Gonna be fun when the August humidity rolls in.

And I've got some pictures that do semi-justice to some of the recomp effects I've noticed. Granted the lighting/focus/posing could be better in them, kinda gets the point across.

1st picture is from give or take ~1.5 months ago. I'd say my back/shoulders are looking better, rear delts still need some work. Not mindblowing changes, but it's still progress.
Love to see it! Keep up the hard work!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update pics. Seeing some good definition in the delts and back.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
dude... your shoulders look hayouge!!! what r you, some kind of mutant? get outta here~

great progress for 2 mls! just goes to show how good the stuff is!
All the time spent on crutches over the years certainly helped the anterior delts :p

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20220713_111149.jpeg

2mL pre-gym was certainly fun on a leg day. Drenched before I even finished my squats.

And Ronnie Coleman's old quote needs to be amended: Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but no one wants to re-rack all the heavy ass weights. From loading up the hack squat, to moving all the weights over to the leg press and then putting them all back.... thats a workout in itself :p

Endurance boost from Ursa is extremely noticeable on leg days at this point. I'm consistently able to add some
sets/reps/weight to a lot of exercises.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

What’s with the sweating? I’m at 3ml a day split up in half. I have never sweat or anything from this but hear this a lot.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What’s with the sweating? I’m at 3ml a day split up in half. I have never sweat or anything from this but hear this a lot.
I've felt like I 'run hotter' for lack of a better term while on Ursa... I obviously used to sweat in the gym, but it'd be something where you'd see a couple spots on my shirt vs now my shirts look like I've been working out in a rain storm.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Miss Ava back from her trip to the groomers, so fresh and so clean. Cardio with her will probably be on hold though, it's god damn miserable here in CT today. Mid 70's, swamp like humidity, raining on and off all day.

While she was at the groomers, got a solid pull day in. My gym has a crazy industrial AC system, but they had the temp set to like ~76/77 so the gym itself wasn't cold, but at least the humidity inside wasn't unbearable. That being said, with the 2mL of Ursa in the morning, my shirt did look like I had been standing outside in the rain :LOL:

Close Grip Pulldowns, Hammer Strength Overhead pulldowns, reverse grip wide bar cable rows, seated face pulls, rack pulls, hammer strength preacher curls, rope hammer curls.... did some drop sets on the overhead pulldowns and seated face pulls, and preacher curls, rack pulls were 275x12x2 and 315x10x2 and then a burnout at 225.

Credit to all the drop sets and burnouts to Ursa. Endurance really is fun. If that also improves as I bump up to 3mL in a day.... oh boy.