Becoming a Spartan. Alpha becomes Hunkules!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Whatever doesn't kill you right? Lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great session bro!! Anytime it leaves you lying in the floor, it was a success!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great session bro!! Anytime it leaves you lying in the floor, it was a success!!
If you find yourself lying under the floor, your wife is spending your life insurance with her lover.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Lmao jokes on her I have no ins policy when I'm gone all that will be left is devt

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Completely unrelated but I have to ask does anyone have suggestions on a good TENS or EMS unit?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Completely unrelated but I have to ask does anyone have suggestions on a good TENS or EMS unit?
Everyone I know that the has bought a cheap $60 one off amazon has liked it fine so doubt I will buy a pricey one when I get one. They all say to buy extra pads though!

Sounds like a strong day for Lat work man

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
No, and I think they're expensive for the home ones. Id like to know how the Icy Hot ones do.
Everyone I know that the has bought a cheap $60 one off amazon has liked it fine so doubt I will buy a pricey one when I get one. They all say to buy extra pads though!

Sounds like a strong day for Lat work man
Thanks fellas , I almost bought an icy hot one yesterday but it's $30 and I was just told about a good one for $35 from a medical supply store so I'll be ordering that one today. I just know I need something

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas , I almost bought an icy hot one yesterday but it's $30 and I was just told about a good one for $35 from a medical supply store so I'll be ordering that one today. I just know I need something
Good choice, $5 difference for a better quality, no brainer!!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
just dont hook it up to your sac

lol

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys life update time. Took my rest day today as usual before leg day. diets been on point this week getting easier to stick to the prep tupps daily . Dosing 5 caps a day tomorrow I will jump it to 6 probably for the remainder of the bottle. Going to start switching calories: carbs for proteins- each meal prep day probably 20gs for 20gs till I get to 320 protein 280 carbs 80fats and then towards the end of the bottle I will start slowly dropping carbs down to 200 that'll leave me at 2800 cals a day . I'll ride that for 2 weeks. And once the Hercules bottle is done I will keep rolling with Sparta and grab a bottle of Lean for a month with some 11kt from NI. I will give a fair heads up this weekend will not be the best diet days for me my girlfriends birthday is Monday and we just found out well be heading up to Orlando for the weekend to go to the parks and hotel pools and stuff. For that reason I'll try to hit chest tomorrow after work (legs am) if not its cool ill just take Friday as an extra rest day and hit a gym up there Saturday morning.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Stay careful in Orlando bro, that place is ****ing cursed lately!!!

Also I feel your dietary concerns. Be out of town this weekend myself and have to be careful with food.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Stay careful in Orlando bro, that place is ****ing cursed lately!!!

Also I feel your dietary concerns. Be out of town this weekend myself and have to be careful with food.
^^^this, stay safe homie!^^^
Thanks guys will do! Things like this I don't mind enjoying myself without going crazy , might set me back a week or two but gotta enjoy life too lol

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys will do! Things like this I don't mind enjoying myself without going crazy , might set me back a week or two but gotta enjoy life too lol
A lot of us forget this aspect of this lifestyle. So enjoy yourself bro!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Leg day today and could not get my head in the game :( couldn't focus I'm not sure why but still got the workout done just the squat session kind of sucked 3x5 with 275 cuz when I put the 315 I couldn't find the sweet spot to just do it I kept telling myself shut the f up and do it but it just didn't feel right. it's all good thou like I said still got the workout done , as far as Hercules goes I don't feel much difference just yet , it's only been 5 days so it's all hood

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
What were the issues? Hips/knees/back?

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
What were the issues? Hips/knees/back?
Mental lol I kept saying my stance isn't right , the bars slightly to the left I'm not going low enough just couldn't get my head in just doing it

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Mental lol I kept saying my stance isn't right , the bars slightly to the left I'm not going low enough just couldn't get my head in just doing it
that sucks, sometimes just doing a few paused reps with 135-185 will get you back into the game.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg day today and could not get my head in the game :( couldn't focus I'm not sure why but still got the workout done just the squat session kind of sucked 3x5 with 275 cuz when I put the 315 I couldn't find the sweet spot to just do it I kept telling myself shut the f up and do it but it just didn't feel right. it's all good thou like I said still got the workout done , as far as Hercules goes I don't feel much difference just yet , it's only been 5 days so it's all hood
Brother... The best in the world at everything out there have a bit of an off day. Its to be expected. No worries, most people I know would just say screw it and not have bothered with trying at all, so youre still better than most!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some days it's all clicking, my groove comes naturally and I feel strong and can take bigger jumps. Some days I have to take 3 sets with just the 45lb bar on bench to feel like I can move forward with some confidence.

Don't sweat it - just one set of one session of all your training career! You will have your chance again.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some days it's all clicking, my groove comes naturally and I feel strong and can take bigger jumps. Some days I have to take 3 sets with just the 45lb bar on bench to feel like I can move forward with some confidence.

Don't sweat it - just one set of one session of all your training career! You will have your chance again.
Well put Dr. Hyde!!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
that sucks, sometimes just doing a few paused reps with 135-185 will get you back into the game.
Brother... The best in the world at everything out there have a bit of an off day. Its to be expected. No worries, most people I know would just say screw it and not have bothered with trying at all, so youre still better than most!

Thanks fellas I ended up doing pretty much that just dropping to 135 for 4 sets on front squats pausing at the bottom and just trying to get into it , it still never came thou but nothing I'm worried about at all multiple possibilities just looking forward to this trip tomorrow ! Anyways bout to go crush some chest should be a better workout then this mornings!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas I ended up doing pretty much that just dropping to 135 for 4 sets on front squats pausing at the bottom and just trying to get into it , it still never came thou but nothing I'm worried about at all multiple possibilities just looking forward to this trip tomorrow ! Anyways bout to go crush some chest should be a better workout then this mornings!
Stay safe and positive, and don't worry about coming back till youre back. Enjoy the relaxation!!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Stay safe and positive, and don't worry about coming back till youre back. Enjoy the relaxation!!
Thanks man! Just had a fat ass turkey leg , thought of you guys the whole time! Will post pictures of round 2 later

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
And I Snap back to reality fellas. Couple great things came from the trip for example good break from strict lifestyle , got some really crappy but free BFR bands and top everything off with my TENS/EMS unit , it's freaking awesome I probably payed more then I coulda gotten it for online but it was convenient and I got a bunch of stuff with it that it doesn't come with online like a belt for lower back which I can also put on legs arms anywhere I want really and 8 pads and 8 different massage styles with 20 different intensity levels yupp I'm a happy camper lmao

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
And the girlfriends happy lmao this trip was for her bday so that's always important

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Its a good thing playing the good boyfriend. Welcome back brother!
Haha thank you bro! Hopefully with two days of rest (which j probably haven't had in at least a year) while still taking my Hercules helped me heal real nice , good back and arm session planned for tomorrow we'll see how that goes !

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thank you bro! Hopefully with two days of rest (which j probably haven't had in at least a year) while still taking my Hercules helped me heal real nice , good back and arm session planned for tomorrow we'll see how that goes !
Sweet. Knock some out for me bro!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Alright ladies and germs we need a moment of silence for the workout I just murdered ! Those two rest days mixed with the Hercules did my body oh so good. Went in the gym feeling like I was sporting a 16 year olds joints because I felt great my lower back was in very little discomfort which is great and even my shoulders and elbows felt refreshed today , could be the laxo kicking in mixed with the extra rest but it was good, so good in fact I decided to start a pyramid program to start hitting lighter weights and higher reps
The workout:
(+)= drop sets
Pull ups to warm up, all kinds of different grips 5 sets of 8
Barbell row
135x8 185x5 265x6 265x6 225x8+135x15 185x12+135x15
Pull downs
105x8 155x5 210x6 225x6 180x12+60x15 165x12+75x15
Close grip cable rows
120x8 180x5 300x6 300x6 180x12+75x15 165x12+60x15
Pullovers
90x3 90x3
Straight arm rope pull downs
80x12 80x12
Threw on the BFR bands
Bar Curls 45x8 65x5 85x6 85x6 65x12+45x15 65x12+45x15
Db inc curls(+)=standing superset
20x8 25x5 40x6 40x5 25x12+25x12 25x8+25x12
My bicep finisher struggled through it with 60lb bar 25lb dbs
Ab session and left the gym feeling like a god
These two guys asked to workout with me at the beginning of the pull downs and we're going crazy with how good they said the workout was for them and when they saw me put 300 on the cable rows they got extremely hype it felt good to get that compliment lol I'm sure they'll be looking to train with me more often which I don't mind too much cuz they kept the pace up even thou they said they were done after the cable rows lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright ladies and germs we need a moment of silence for the workout I just murdered ! Those two rest days mixed with the Hercules did my body oh so good. Went in the gym feeling like I was sporting a 16 year olds joints because I felt great my lower back was in very little discomfort which is great and even my shoulders and elbows felt refreshed today , could be the laxo kicking in mixed with the extra rest but it was good, so good in fact I decided to start a pyramid program to start hitting lighter weights and higher reps
The workout:
(+)= drop sets
Pull ups to warm up, all kinds of different grips 5 sets of 8
Barbell row
135x8 185x5 265x6 265x6 225x8+135x15 185x12+135x15
Pull downs
105x8 155x5 210x6 225x6 180x12+60x15 165x12+75x15
Close grip cable rows
120x8 180x5 300x6 300x6 180x12+75x15 165x12+60x15
Pullovers
90x3 90x3
Straight arm rope pull downs
80x12 80x12
Threw on the BFR bands
Bar Curls 45x8 65x5 85x6 85x6 65x12+45x15 65x12+45x15
Db inc curls(+)=standing superset
20x8 25x5 40x6 40x5 25x12+25x12 25x8+25x12
My bicep finisher struggled through it with 60lb bar 25lb dbs
Ab session and left the gym feeling like a god
These two guys asked to workout with me at the beginning of the pull downs and we're going crazy with how good they said the workout was for them and when they saw me put 300 on the cable rows they got extremely hype it felt good to get that compliment lol I'm sure they'll be looking to train with me more often which I don't mind too much cuz they kept the pace up even thou they said they were done after the cable rows lol
Damn right! Sh1t, reading that made ME hype!! Gotta love when people want to join in!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you asked for a moment of silence for the session I lol'd

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
When you asked for a moment of silence for the session I lol'd
Lmao I walked out the gym paused for a second and said to my self "damn... I just murdered that" haha

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Great chest workout today same pyramid scheme as yesterday. Got a real good pump and shoulder is feeling real good. Hercules is looking to be good stuff I'm sure it'll get even better !
The workout:
Target reps 8,5,6,6,12+15,12+15
Bench
135x8 185x5 275x6 275x6 225x12+135x11 225x8+135x11
Reverse grip flat bench
95x8 135x5 185x6 185x6 145x12+95x15 145x12+95x15
Decline barbell
Stopped tracking here but same sets/reps for remaining workouts
Cable fly
Close grip press
Tricep overhead dumbbell ext

My triceps are on fire still but feeling great

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great chest workout today same pyramid scheme as yesterday. Got a real good pump and shoulder is feeling real good. Hercules is looking to be good stuff I'm sure it'll get even better !
The workout:
Target reps 8,5,6,6,12+15,12+15
Bench
135x8 185x5 275x6 275x6 225x12+135x11 225x8+135x11
Reverse grip flat bench
95x8 135x5 185x6 185x6 145x12+95x15 145x12+95x15
Decline barbell
Stopped tracking here but same sets/reps for remaining workouts
Cable fly
Close grip press
Tricep overhead dumbbell ext

My triceps are on fire still but feeling great
Super jealous of the workout bro! We were swamped today at the station, so all we could do was racquetball, sucks arse. I enjoy reading yours and lifted67 workouts, gives me something to work towards!!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Super jealous of the workout bro! We were swamped today at the station, so all we could do was racquetball, sucks arse. I enjoy reading yours and lifted67 workouts, gives me something to work towards!!
Thanks bro they've been great. I'm really liking this new program, only thing is it's a 4 day a week program and resting one day a week is a pain in the ass for me lol so I'll run through the "4 weeks" pretty fast

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you feel really good on 6 days a week, do it. As long as your joints and everything aren't rebelling and you aren't getting burnt out, you WILL progress faster with higher frequency.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro they've been great. I'm really liking this new program, only thing is it's a 4 day a week program and resting one day a week is a pain in the ass for me lol so I'll run through the "4 weeks" pretty fast
Just do what's comfortable. If you and your hinges can handle more, do it. You know whats best for you .thats obvious just reading your logs bro!!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Once September hits I'm doing Arnold's Olympia program. 8 sets of 8-12 with 4-5 compound exercises super setted, one day off a week, bring on the volume!!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once September hits I'm doing Arnold's Olympia program. 8 sets of 8-12 with 4-5 compound exercises super setted, one day off a week, bring on the volume!!!
Damn bro! You should be jacked for real. Ill make sure to keep up. Im going to start a cut in couple of weeks and then back to hard lifting, I might have to check that out

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
PM your email grasshopper and I will share the pain with you.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha1agreda, PM me your email please. Got something to share with you and lifted