Beau's AlphaBuild Review/Log

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been given the opportunity to log Olympus Labs’ new product, AlphaBuild. I received AlphaBuild from Strong Supplements (thank you) slightly over a week ago in a package that also contained a bottle of Vital Alchemy ProteX (a cycle assist product containing several heart/BP healthy herbs, amino acids and minerals) and a shaker cup. That was very generous, and I appreciate it.

AlphaBuild is described as a cutting agent.

Among several other ingredients, it contains two extracts of Camelia Senensis (a type of tea extract), both of which are standardized to 90%(+) Epicatechin, and one of which is bound to phosphatidylcholine. Based on my reading, Camelia Senensis contains compounds that “may reduce the enlargement of the heart, improve blood pressure dysfunction, and restore antioxidant enzyme activity. Camellia sinensis leaf extract may improve heart health by lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, and preventing plaque buildup in the blood vessels.”

The benefits of Epicatechin include an increase of nitric oxide production, and improved vascularity, blood flow and endurance. It also improves insulin sensitivity, regulating blood sugar levels and stimulating muscle protein synthesis, and lowering cholesterol levels.

The product also contains alpha-ionone, a naturally occurring flavoring agent. Alpha-ionone may prevent muscle atrophy and stimulate myogenesis. It is also used as a flavoring for honey and tea, and in perfume compositions due to its floral Violet scent.

AlphaBuild aslo containes several other products that target fat buring.

For the past three months I have been targeting weight loss, a reduction in BP and lessening arterial inflammation, while seeking to retain muscle. Obviously, anything that may potentially reduce or prevent blood vessel plaque buildup is a huge plus for someone wanting to lessen endothelial inflammation. In other words, this product contains ingredients that appear to target my primary concerns. Fingers crossed.

I intended to start my log last week, but unexpectedly received a note from my MD that I had to have some additional blood work (actually, a re-test) – so I held off. Over the weekend I received a note from my MD regarding those test results and informing me that I needed to go in again and have yet another (additional) test this week. So, not wanting to skew any test results (although I seriously doubt there in anything in AlphaBuild that would do so), I will hold off to start the log one more week – with my apologies. But at least I can start the log – sort of – by providing a baseline.

Since January 2023, I have cut my systolic blood pressure by 20 points and my diastolic blood pressure by 5 points. I’ll admit, that feels pretty good – but I have more work to do. I have also dropped about 8 lbs (that, too, needs a lot more work). For the past two months I have been following a diet targeting 1350 calories, with fat/protein/carb targets at 55%, 35% and 10%. I feel great on a high healthy fat diet.

I have also increased my exercise to 5 days a week, eliminated wine from my daily routine, have been working on improving sleep quality, have started following (no laughing, please) breathing exercises outlined in “The Breathing Cure” and have been working on stress management. All of this must make me sound like a real fun guy. Well, at least I don’t lack introspection. Or a sense of humor.

More to follow.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have also increased my exercise to 5 days a week, eliminated wine from my daily routine, have been working on improving sleep quality, have started following (no laughing, please) breathing exercises outlined in “The Breathing Cure” and have been working on stress management. All of this must make me sound like a real fun guy. Well, at least I don’t lack introspection. Or a sense of humor.
That's super interesting. is it working? With Strength and Fitness sports I didn't have much issue because I felt like everyone had trained for the event and nobody was going to get significantly better the day of. But in other sports, like golf for me, if I have a few good holes in a row I can feel the tension build up to try to maintain that. learning some relaxation and focus skills are a great thing!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's super interesting. is it working? With Strength and Fitness sports I didn't have much issue because I felt like everyone had trained for the event and nobody was going to get significantly better the day of. But in other sports, like golf for me, if I have a few good holes in a row I can feel the tension build up to try to maintain that. learning some relaxation and focus skills are a great thing!
In short, yes. Much of the conventional thinking about breathing is not correct. And, there are ways to increase nitric oxide via breathing (who knew?).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In short, yes. Much of the conventional thinking about breathing is not correct. And, there are ways to increase nitric oxide via breathing (who knew?).
not super surprised to be honest, Huberman touched on the important with breathing something on how mouth breathers can develop some weird shape and become less attractive, lol. I don't recall the exact podcast but it was an interesting rabbit trail!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
not super surprised to be honest, Huberman touched on the important with breathing something on how mouth breathers can develop some weird shape and become less attractive, lol. I don't recall the exact podcast but it was an interesting rabbit trail!
You might look up Oxygen Advantage/Patrick McKeown. They have a number of YouTube videos (that's how I found them).

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All,

As I told @Afi140 @LeanEngineer, I will not be able to do a log on any products, at least for the time being. I received some test results that need to be addressed and dealt with before I add any variables into the mix. I reached out to Afi140 and will be returning AlphaBuild to Strong - I would have it no other way.

Please accept my apologies. This most certainly was not my intention, but it became a necessity.

Sorry.