BD 3ml syringes

Robert124

Awards
Bought a box of 3ml 25g 1” from amazon. Great price. They are Becton Dickinson Luer lock.

I pull the plunger to the dose in order to get air into the vial but when I go to inject I’m like fighting to get my dose. I know IM injection of oil base is always hard but this is like crazy hard.

Anyone have had the same experience? I wouldn’t think these would be knock offs selling on amazon.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A 25gauge can be difficult to inject certain oils tbh. Maybe try 23g tips even, those at least aren't spears.

The other thing I have seen it be is that you are in scar tissue, or just a bad spot and no matter how hard you push the plunger it wont go in.

Try another spot if need be. You can also try your next shot after a hot shower, make sure you have a fresh tip on there, not the one you drew with.

Robert124

Awards
A 25gauge can be difficult to inject certain oils tbh. Maybe try 23g tips even, those at least aren't spears.

The other thing I have seen it be is that you are in scar tissue, or just a bad spot and no matter how hard you push the plunger it wont go in.

Try another spot if need be. You can also try your next shot after a hot shower, make sure you have a fresh tip on there, not the one you drew with.
Thanks. Your probably right about scar tissue.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bought a box of 3ml 25g 1” from amazon. Great price. They are Becton Dickinson Luer lock.

I pull the plunger to the dose in order to get air into the vial but when I go to inject I’m like fighting to get my dose. I know IM injection of oil base is always hard but this is like crazy hard.

Anyone have had the same experience? I wouldn’t think these would be knock offs selling on amazon.
It’s probably just because the needle is too small as mentioned before or because your oil that you’re currently pinning is thicker and more viscous.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I use BD 1 ML luer lock syringes with 25 ga tips for my TRT doses instead of the 3 ML ones, although I have some laying around for backup. The 3 ML have a wider and flatter shoulder just prior to the tip, so it makes the already viscous solution much more difficult to push out. The 1 ML syringes have a more angled shoulder, so it pushes out quite a bit easier and faster.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It can depend on the oil you use. I typically use a 27G needle and it goes through fine. I like it because it's less painful and creates less scar tissue. It takes longer to pump in, but honestly, the slower you push it through, the better.

Btw, I had a bad experience buying syringes on Amazon. I hope you didn't get the same thing I got.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
It can depend on the oil you use. I typically use a 27G needle and it goes through fine. I like it because it's less painful and creates less scar tissue. It takes longer to pump in, but honestly, the slower you push it through, the better.

Btw, I had a bad experience buying syringes on Amazon. I hope you didn't get the same thing I got.

I go through Vitality Medical and get my shipment the following day.

Robert124

Awards
I use BD 1 ML luer lock syringes with 25 ga tips for my TRT doses instead of the 3 ML ones, although I have some laying around for backup. The 3 ML have a wider and flatter shoulder just prior to the tip, so it makes the already viscous solution much more difficult to push out. The 1 ML syringes have a more angled shoulder, so it pushes out quite a bit easier and faster.
Ok that’s it then because when I use the 1ml with the same oil it’s not as bad.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much oil you pinning? 3ml syringes suck, esp if youre only filling them with 1ml or less of oil. 1ml syringes will pin a tonne easier, obviously due to lower surface area/pressure of plunger.

Best way to make a 3ml+ syringe dump its load easier is to heat the oil. That sh1t will flow like a horny hooker.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much oil you pinning? 3ml syringes suck, esp if youre only filling them with 1ml or less of oil. 1ml syringes will pin a tonne easier, obviously due to lower surface area/pressure of plunger.

Best way to make a 3ml+ syringe dump its load easier is to heat the oil. That sh1t will flow like a horny hooker.
What do you use to heat the oil?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Option 1: put length of filled needle/syringe in cup of hot tap water (doesnt need to be boiling).

Option 2: submerge steroid vial up to just under its neck in same kind of water. Draw oil and pin before oil cools.

Heating the oil will be fine. This is not boiling water. Anyway, submerging crashed oils in boiling water is a legit technique used to salvage otherwise useless product, so water thats nowhere near boiling should be fine.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Option 1: put length of filled needle/syringe in cup of hot tap water (doesnt need to be boiling).

Option 2: submerge steroid vial up to just under its neck in same kind of water. Draw oil and pin before oil cools.

Heating the oil will be fine. This is not boiling water. Anyway, submerging crashed oils in boiling water is a legit technique used to salvage otherwise useless product, so water thats nowhere near boiling should be fine.
Interesting.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

yeah warming the oil was gonna be my comment as well.

I couldn’t be bothered doing that each time so just use a 23g but it legit works.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I use an 18 ga tip to draw the oil from the vial (Most of the time my vials are 1 ML each from the pharmacy, probably by design to prevent abuse), then I swap out for a 25 ga tip and hold the syringe under hot tap water for a minute. This usually is good enough to make it flow better, plus it feels better once injected too since the tempurature of the oil is closer to your body temp then say room temp.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use an 18 ga tip to draw the oil from the vial (Most of the time my vials are 1 ML each from the pharmacy, probably by design to prevent abuse), then I swap out for a 25 ga tip and hold the syringe under hot tap water for a minute. This usually is good enough to make it flow better, plus it feels better once injected too since the tempurature of the oil is closer to your body temp then say room temp.
You should really use a small gauge tip to draw from. An 18g needle can eat up the rubber stop and you can get chunks of it stuck in the syringe. I recommend using 20g or higher.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You should really use a small gauge tip to draw from. An 18g needle can eat up the rubber stop and you can get chunks of it stuck in the syringe. I recommend using 20g or higher.
yep, I always feel like an 18 leaves a hole in the vial top. Like a fucking shovel them things. I use a 21 for drawing.

never forget when I did use an 18 and almost forget to change it. Fortunately just before I stuck it in I realised I was about to harpoon myself 🤣🤣

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you about the 18 ga, and that is something I keep in mind with 10 ML vials, but my Rx is usually 1 ML vials, so one stab is not going to do much to the rubber seal.

Robert124

Awards
Actually saw a video today on YouTube by Ryan Ankrom. He leaves a little bit of air in the syringe that way he gets all of it. Wouldn’t that be risky? I know it’s IM so technically nothing should happen.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Actually saw a video today on YouTube by Ryan Ankrom. He leaves a little bit of air in the syringe that way he gets all of it. Wouldn’t that be risky? I know it’s IM so technically nothing should happen.
Not worth the risk in my opinion. The little amount left over inside the needle is not worth pushing air into a clipped vein or blood vessel. Perhaps it's not as risky as we think it is, but I'm not doing it.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, guys, air at the plunger end is NOT getting into the body, IF youre using luer slip/screw needles. The air will always escape out due to pressure.