BBG's Purple Wraath LOG - REVIEW - NEW Cotton Candy Flavor

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PURPLE_WRAATH.jpg

Alright this pic is coming in small, but I'll fix it.

Controlled Labs has given me a chance to try out their new preworkout flavor for Purple Wraath... Cotton Candy!

I've tried tons of preworkouts... Most recently Superdrive and Mr. Hyde. Neither are particularly good tasting and they are way too much stimulant wise for me now that I workout at night.

I think Purple Wraath would be a perfect low stimulant preworkout... so here we go. I'll update again tonight after my workout and my first day with Purple Wraath.

Amino Acid Information for Purple Wraath:

[h=3]Leucine:[/h]- Primary anabolic trigger
- Enhance recovery
- Optimize hormone levels

[h=3]Valine:[/h]- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Nitrogen balance
- Anti-inflammatory
- Analgesic

[h=3]Isoleucine:[/h]- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Hormones

[h=3]Lysine:[/h]- Beta-oxidation
- Nitrogen balance
- Calcium absorption
- Energy

[h=3]Arginine:[/h]- Vasodilator
- Nutrient delivery
- Anti-Catabolic

[h=3]Histidine:[/h]- Vasodilator
- Sexual function

[h=3]Threonine:[/h]- Nutrient uptake
- Immune system

[h=3]Methionine:[/h]- Enhance metabolism
- Energy
- Mood
- Antioxidant

[h=3]Phenylalanine:[/h]- Energy
- Hormones
- Mood

[h=3]PurplEndurance Complex:[/h]You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

[h=3]Citrulline Malate:[/h]- Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
- Boosts energy production
- Has an oxygen sparing effect
- Boosts mitochondrial function

[h=3]Betaine Anhydrous:[/h]- Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
- Enhances muscle fullness
- Acts as an energy enzyme protector
- Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
- Elevates glutathione levels
- Promotes liver health
- Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
- Enhances metabolism

[h=3]Ginger:[/h]- Aids in nutrient absorption
- Enhances digestion/stomach function
- Produces a nootropic effect

I don't see any ingredient in this list that I would remove... so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to it, man.

Just a heads up, there's zero stimulants in it. I normally take one scoop preworkout, and one scoop intra workout.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking forward to it, man.

Just a heads up, there's zero stimulants in it. I normally take one scoop preworkout, and one scoop intra workout.
For some reason I thought Citrulline Malate had a mild stim effect. Oops!

Maybe I was confused by study titles this one:

Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12145119

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think it may be referred to this from it:

Pubmed says:
CM ingestion resulted in a significant reduction in the sensation of fatigue, a 34% increase in the rate of oxidative ATP production during exercise, and a 20% increase in the rate of phosphocreatine recovery after exercise, indicating a larger contribution of oxidative ATP synthesis to energy production.
I don't see any stimulant type effects from it, but I most definetly notice the decrease in fatigue. It's one of my favorite single ingredients.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm going to go ahead and give a review based on my first time with Purple Wraath:

Taste 9/10: Usually preworkouts will be around a 6/10 for me... they're usually either too sweet, taste like a bunch of chemicals, don't mix well and are gritty... Cotton Candy flavor Purple Wraath is something I feel like I could sip on throughout the day without getting tired of it.

Mixability 10/10: Nothing much to say, but one scoop mixes up perfectly in a 500 mL water bottle. No grit, no leftover residue in the bottle.

Endurance: I use a modified DC training. I basically ramp up to a max weight that I can rep for 8-10 reps (or 10-12 for smaller movements) to failure, then wait a few moments, try to get 3+ reps, wait a few moments and go again trying to get 1+ reps. All to failure. I had a significant improvement this workout... I felt way less fatigued during the extended sets and was able to rep out much more. I was also able to move on to my next exercise much faster.

Strength: My strength went up a bit this workout. I'm not 100% sure if I can contribute it to Purple Wraath entirely, but I did bump up to 235 on bench for 12 reps, from 225, and it felt easy. Way too easy. If I weren't coming back from an injury, I would have moved it up some more.

The log continues! I'll post up today again ;)

(Posted final review here as well: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/210479-purple-wraath-1084-a.html#post4487651)