Back belts

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's everyone's favorite belt for squats/deadlifts? Particular styles or brands that you prefer?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had this one for several years until I ripped through the notches. I really liked. It was slightly padded in the back and seemed to fit my body shape well.

I purchased a velcro belt just because that's all they had at Dick's and didn't want to wait for shipping. Here's what I got. It's nice because you're never in between notches but I just liked the feel of my Valeo better.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had this one for several years until I ripped through the notches. I really liked. It was slightly padded in the back and seemed to fit my body shape well.
View attachment 220570

I purchased a velcro belt just because that's all they had at Dick's and didn't want to wait for shipping. Here's what I got. It's nice because you're never in between notches but I just liked the feel of my Valeo better.

View attachment 220573
Are you using the 4" or 6" back pad?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have an inzer. I prefer single prong vs double prong. I believe it's 3.5" or 4". It takes me two warm up sets usually to know it's stretched and warm for my heavy working sets (example, I'll put it on when I get to say 250lbs squats on a day I'm squatting to say 300lbs). I was going to buy a lever version but my buddy told me he hated his because it was never tight enough or wanted to be too tight.

I find this width to be enough for squats but does leave bruises from deadlifts. still, worth it. I love it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Before that I always used a velcro belt for oly lifting. which in some ways I still prefer because it's so slim that the barbell doesn't hit the belt on the way up for snatch. However, I have had velcro belts bust open on me and it's not worth the risk.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yikes! Yeah, I'll be going back to a double pronged belt soon! I definitely feel more secure/supported with double pronged.
yeah some people do. they don't bother me on the more old school belts that are thinner in leather and wider at the back side because the double prong seems to be more protected by leather and less into my belly button but my inzer belt is so thick that I really dont need the double prong. also I tighten that bitch down so tight that I could feasibly have a panic attack trying to get two prongs out after an RPE9 or 10 set lol

I did get another velcro belt later and used it some. I've also tried turning my leather belt around backwards so that the prongs are behind me and my barbell won't hit it on a snatch but again... hard to remove when you're dead and can't breathe lol