Unanswered B12 shots. Worth it or just placebo?

Stanfoo

Awards
What's the dealio on B12 shots? Seen some people raving that it provides a nice increase in energy. B12 is also available in pill form but apparently it sucks compared to injections. I wonder if this is just placebo.

I don't notice jack shyt from taking sublingual methyl B12. Would injecting B12 make any difference?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used several years ago and it didn’t really make much of a difference in my energy levels.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
B12 doesn't really give energy in the context you seem to be thinking. Deficiency can lead to fatigue, but that's through its role in red blood cell production etc.

Getting more b12 than needed wont provide stimulation, but can reduce effects of fatigue IF you are diagnosed deficient

Stanfoo

Awards
B12 doesn't really give energy in the context you seem to be thinking. Deficiency can lead to fatigue, but that's through its role in red blood cell production etc.

Getting more b12 than needed wont provide stimulation, but can reduce effects of fatigue IF you are diagnosed deficient
All these foo's here says otherwise, raving about boosts in energy and what not.

You're probably right and they're just placebo dummies, as usual.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
All these foo's here says otherwise, raving about boosts in energy and what not.

You're probably right and they're just placebo dummies, as usual.
It's the same type of thing that products like Berroca claim despite only have b vitamins inside. B vitamins dont provide energy stimulation, they help release energy from food.

People buy them and claim to feel energised

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here’s the point that everyone seems to miss about b12 injections. There are some who cannot metabolize it properly orally thus injections are needed. The well being and better feeling will be praised by those who can’t as it’s an honest medical condition. If you get enough through normal means you aren’t going to tell much difference.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 0
Nutrition / Health 0
mylo Nutrition / Health 0
holmes215 Supplements 3