ATERALL ER Update...

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ATERALL ER Update...

It now appears that after ordering the last ingredient we neeed to complete the product, the raws company will not be shipping it after all. Getting raws from China has been VERY tough since the Corona virus has decimated their economy. You can contact 8 raws distributers and you MIGHT get 1 respose back. That's how bad it is....and based on what is being said, China's economy might not EVER fully recover...and if it does, it could be years before supply chains are going strong again.

Yesterday, my manufacurer was ready to give me back my money because he can't find Adrafinil anywhere. We've contacted 8 sources and all are out. Two of them have discontinued it completely. There is only one source that has any...and it is in the US. The problem is that they charge literally 3X as much as anyone else. This would rause the price of my product substantially, as it is the single most expensive ingredient in the product.

On top of that, the makers of Dynamine (major assholes) have decided to take advantage of every supplement company by increasing the price of dynamine by 300%! They are doing this simly because they know it is now more difficult for supp cmpanies to get other stims out of China.

Fortunately, I still have enough Dynamine to make 1 more run of Aterall ER, but after that I doubt it will be in the product from that point forward (I have a solution, though). I've spoken to a half-dozen supp company owners since they raised the price...and NONE of us are going to purchase any more until they lower the price back down. According to what my 2 manufacuturers have told me, at least a dozen of the other company owners they have spoken to are no longer going to be putting dynamine in their products either. Good. F__k anyone who tries to take advantage of companies in tough situations. It makes me really lose respect for the makers of dyamine (they also make TeaCrine, etc.). I was going to have dynamine in my next 2 products too. Not anymore.

Anyway, as far as ATERALL ER is considered, I am having my manufacurer contact the US source that costs 3X more than anyone else...and see if they still have any. If they do, I will likely buy some just so I can get this run made, BUT the price will be going up at least $3-4...and that won't come anywhere close to covering my loss. Even then, if anyone tried to buy these ingredients separately at these dosages, they would spend WAY more. I looked at the price of Adrafinil at Nootropics Depot and they sell 5 grams for $18 (in powder form). I have 10 grams in 1 botle of ATERALL ER. So, if you bought 10 grams from Nootropics Depot, it would cost $36 just for that one ingredient...and it wouldn't even be in caps. The companies who sell capped arafinil typically charge even more. Of course, ATERALL ER contains 9 more ingredients on top of that.

Last week I was ready to just pull the plug on the product, but I've had so many people asking when I'm going to get more in that I am going to try and continue making it. Right now the price is $69.99 pre-discount and like $59.50 post-discount. It will likely go up to $72-73 an cost about $62 post-discount. If I don't raise it at least that much..to cover a little bit of the greatly increased production cost, it's really not even worth me continuing to make it anymore. So, hopefully, people won't mind paying a few extra bucks.

I'm doing the best I can, guys...but because none of my poducts are simple and often include ingredients that aren't commonly found in your typical supplement, it really make things more difficult. My manufacurers love me, but they also hate me at the same time because my stuff is always difficult for them to make. They DREAD when I am going to make a new product because they know it will be nothing but ongoing headaches. They actually tell me this. LOL. But, I can't stand making simple knock-off products that are nothing special. I woudn't even enjoy this industry if I was just making a bunch of copycat products. I always want to have new formulations, higher dosages and/or new ingredients. Otherwise, I would just get into another industry. This industry is a blast when things are running smoothly, but a massive pain when they're not.

Last edited:
WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not surprised to hear this at all...

I am hearing problems across the boards from various manufacturers.

Thanks for the update @Mike Arnold

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Any update on a run of this for the increased price you mentioned, Mike?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no prospective date for re-stocking, so it is indefinitely out of stock. When I do, the price will likely be the same, as the one company that had the overpriced raws no longer has them. When we do re-stock, we will probably be able to get all the raws at normal price, nullifying any price increase.