At what age should one consider SARMs?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Dylan Gemelli told me in this in a personal message "at 19, im more comfortable recommending non suppressive sarms so GW501516, SR9009 and or MK677... those would be the only 3 until your 20, then you can run any of them." I'm wondering if this is sound advice?

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I would say 21-22 with several years of lifting experience and knowledge is the earliest safe time to run anything hormonal. Even tho SARMs are considered safer they are still pretty surpressive by most accounts

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GW and MK are not SARMS. Not sure about SR9009.

GW is a PPAR drug

MK is a Growth Hormone Secratogue

Personally I wouldn't recommend SARMS, PH's or Steroids to anyone under 27.

During your early 20's your natural test levels will be at there highest.

Messing around with anything that will shut you down or suppress you will only lead to being
on TRT at an earlier age then most other guys.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dylan Gemelli told me in this in a personal message "at 19, im more comfortable recommending non suppressive sarms so GW501516, SR9009 and or MK677... those would be the only 3 until your 20, then you can run any of them." I'm wondering if this is sound advice?
GW 501516 is a PPAR agonist, which in one study was linked to rapidly developing cancer in several organs.
MK 677 is a Growth Hormone Secretagogue
SR 9009 is an agonist of Rev-ErbA, exercise in a bottle.

These are research chemicals, and some of them are still undergoing extensive research. I personally do not think it a good idea to use them, and especially at your age. You can achieve your goals far better with a proper diet; sleep hygiene; programming, and dedication. Supplements are nice to make things interesting, and give you a little edge, but honestly real food is the best thing for you.

Spend your money on a great trainer / coach, and quality foods. Some supplements are good too.

Coffee. Coffee is good too. :afro:

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I have a family friend who helps me set up my diet supplementation and exercise programs. He is a collegiate strength and conditioning coach. I only get 5-7 hours of sleep though...

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I'd say 21 but the responsible me says 25

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gym is loaded with college freshman and it will take a few years for them to put on some decent mass on their frames. They will either give up after they realize how hard it is or go the sarms route. I could make a fortune selling sarms to them lol.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldnt even bother with sr9009, ineffective rubbi$h.

My benefit of hindsight: wouldnt bother with SARMs or any orals at all til 30yrs old, then Id pin.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If your gonna do SARMS I would habe to agree. No younger than 25

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically 2 ways to look at it. (this goes for actual SARMS, PHs, AAS)

The pro: If you don't really care about your future hormones, start whenever you want. If being on TRT later in life sounds ok, go for it. If you want to compete professionally, start early.

The con: If you want to be as safe as possible and use as a jump to the next level get about 5 years of heavy and solid training under your belt and wait until age 25 or so.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
But at 18 do you think you have a firm concept of what trt for life entails ? No . At 18 I wanted to chase girls get big and have fun. I did cycle smart when I started because I know down the line when I'm 40's I'm gonna care about my health , and being able to have children .

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
But at 18 do you think you have a firm concept of what trt for life entails ? No . At 18 I wanted to chase girls get big and have fun. I did cycle smart when I started because I know down the line when I'm 40's I'm gonna care about my health , and being able to have children .
Thank you!! That's exactly why I'm asking, because I want to be a healthy functioning adult in the long run. I've been watching the "ask the doc" series on YouTube. Idk if it is super credible source of information but they talk about how trt works and how trt affects fertility and what not.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's why, *gasp*, we can research these things. Age doesn't have to play a factor.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's why, *gasp*, we can research these things. Age doesn't have to play a factor.
I was definitely smarter for my first cycle at 17 than most 40 year olds on here ask about.

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
Absolutely NOTHING is sound advice from that idiot! Just take a good look at him and say to yourself​ do I really want advice from this troll! LMAO!

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Age however has a big role in judgement as well does BRAIN DEVELOPMENT . Sorry but I can research all I want and still make a bad decision . It's called seeking information to justify ones decision . Everyone does it that's why people ask specific instead of open ended questions .

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Haha not fight club , just having a productive convo . Purpose of this forum is to learn and discuss . We all have personal opinions aswell ;)