Astragalus

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started supplementing with Astragalus after having read about all the benefits it provides.

This morning I was reading on "Livestrong" that you are not supposed to take it for more than 7 consecutive days, by the way no other site mentioned anything like this.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/445773-astragalus-root-herb-dosage/

Has anyone any experience with Astragalus?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

xam2991

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont take my word for it, but im pretty sure you can take it longer than that no problem. I love astragalus. I feel like it helped recover from being sick faster when i had the flu.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
livestrong is very often like the dr. phil of information... lots of hype/conspiracy to get hits/reads. I would not use that as a viable source

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
livestrong is very often like the dr. phil of information... lots of hype/conspiracy to get hits/reads. I would not use that as a viable source
Yeah certainly, it was a result from a random google search I did early in the morning and it seemed so strange. Anyway i will continue taking it as usual.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont take my word for it, but im pretty sure you can take it longer than that no problem. I love astragalus. I feel like it helped recover from being sick faster when i had the flu.
What dosage were you using?

Ripple2352

Awards
Quick google search brings up a few studies where it was administered intravenously for 12 Days...so given that 100% is making it to you that way, I’d imagine taking it orally for longer than seven days is completely fine

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Astragulus is amazing stuff. When combined with testosterone boosters you get a major enhancement of ledig cells.
https://bmccomplementalternmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12906-015-0776-3

Results
Treatment with 100 μg/mL (P < 0.05) and 150 μg/mL AM (P < 0.01) significantly increased Leydig cell numbers. Treatment with AM (20 μg/mL, 50 μg/mL and 100 μg/mL) significantly increased testosterone production (P < 0.01). In addition, increased Leydig cell SOD and GPx activities were observed in response to 20 μg/mL and 50 μg/mL AM treatment (P < 0.01). Furthermore, expression of Bax mRNA was significantly decreased (P < 0.01), and the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax mRNA was significantly increased in response to 20 μg/mL AM in the culture medium (P < 0.05).