astaxanthin

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Is this stuff worth the money, I'm interested in the vision benefits along with the said positive effects on strength and endurance

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for info. This stuff sounds like snake oil to me but I could be wrong

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I was on my way to work at 5 today and as I'm scanning the radio there was a Guy talking about his product on talk radio. So I gave it a listen, he was from purity solutions. He made some outlandish claims but I was interested to know of any were true.
He cited a study from a Dr. Fry/Frye from Memphis in regards to anti inflammatory properties. The other claims weren't cited though.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was on my way to work at 5 today and as I'm scanning the radio there was a Guy talking about his product on talk radio. So I gave it a listen, he was from purity solutions. He made some outlandish claims but I was interested to know of any were true.
He cited a study from a Dr. Fry/Frye from Memphis in regards to anti inflammatory properties. The other claims weren't cited though.
Or purity products .. one of the two.
Definitely purity products that's where I've heard about it. Everything they sell is an apparent panacea according to them. They're a bunch of hucksters. I heard them promote their creatine as having testosterone boosting effects. Wtf I don't think so

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure I'd jump on this stuff as it's 5-alpha reductase inhibitor activity.

As we know, lowering DHT can be beneficial in some but cause unwanted sudes in others:

To name a few: Decreased sex drive, ejaculatory dysfunction, erection issues.

DHT also has natural anti-estrogen properties as well and can promote "muscle belly hardness".

Then again, I also came across this study which seems to take on a contrarion position
http://www.ergo-log.com/astaxanthinetestosterone.html

So.....my conclusion? Beats me! :)

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Looks like I'm sticking with my fish oil haha

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Me personally, I don't think it is worth the money for me. If people are looking for a lot of info in one place check out examine.com. Very comprehensive write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure I'd jump on this stuff as it's 5-alpha reductase inhibitor activity.As we know, lowering DHT can be beneficial in some but cause unwanted sudes in others: To name a few: Decreased sex drive, ejaculatory dysfunction, erection issues.DHT also has natural anti-estrogen properties as well and can promote "muscle belly hardness".Then again, I also came across this study which seems to take on a contrarion positionhttp://www.ergo-log.com/astaxanthinetestosterone.html So.....my conclusion? Beats me! :)
That is what I saw, when I quickly googled this.Mike