Ask Someone who's quitting their job anything

smithstetics

Awards
Hey Forum users, quitting my job sometime this week. Ask me anything

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you have it planned out, but hopefully quitting won't backfire into being broke. If I were you I'd be 100% on what I was doing after before I would quit.

smithstetics

Awards
Maybe you have it planned out, but hopefully quitting won't backfire into being broke. If I were you I'd be 100% on what I was doing after before I would quit.
Yeah, I was thinking about it though, if I died tomorrow or next week month year whatever, would this have been worth my time? Not at all. Gotta quit wasting my life when theres so much more out there

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
By starting this thread, it seems like you already have too much free time ;)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I was thinking about it though, if I died tomorrow or next week month year whatever, would this have been worth my time? Not at all. Gotta quit wasting my life when theres so much more out there
Look for a way to make money doing something you like doing, if you can do that then you'll never feel like you're wasting time. Before doing the extreme without a plan Take maybe a month and figure something out with the plan being that you'll leave your current job and move onto something better.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not having a boss is the BEST At that making your own hours and such. Two years without a boss. Loving it

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I think about this all the time actually lol.. for somereason after i turned 20 time seems to be going quicker lol. so many dreams and goals still on the bucket list. But i think having a PLAN B is a good idea just in case something doesnt work out.

smithstetics

Awards
I think about this all the time actually lol.. for somereason after i turned 20 time seems to be going quicker lol. so many dreams and goals still on the bucket list. But i think having a PLAN B is a good idea just in case something doesnt work out.
having a Plan B is having doubt in yourself, i say go all out and put in everything you got towardswhat you want, but by having the plan b your not gonna get there

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
having a Plan B is having doubt in yourself, i say go all out and put in everything you got towardswhat you want, but by having the plan b your not gonna get there
And what happens when things simply don't go the way you planned? No amount of work can outdo things beyond your control

smithstetics

Awards
And what happens when things simply don't go the way you planned? No amount of work can outdo things beyond your control
thats life though right? you get back up and keep moving forward, one door might close but another will open. i think life is in your control

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
well I dont mean having PLAN B is excuse for 50% effort to what you want and 50% for PLAN B, you still go all out and give it all you got lol
Its just in case it doesnt work out. like some things are beyond your control

smithstetics

Awards
well I dont mean having PLAN B is excuse for 50% effort to what you want and 50% for PLAN B, you still go all out and give it all you got lol
Its just in case it doesnt work out. like some things are beyond your control
yeah, i dont have it all figured out. but no matter what i cant keep up like this, hate my job. who knows, if i fail, i learn a lesson, if i succeed than i made the best decision in my life

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you own a home? (Mortgage) Car payments? Rent?

If so, quitting your job without having any real idea of what you'll do to pay those bills is stupid. Doing something you hate for the rest of your life is definitely not a good plan, but neither is quitting on a whim because you don't like working.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Do you own a home? (Mortgage) Car payments? Rent?

If so, quitting your job without having any real idea of what you'll do to pay those bills is stupid. Doing something you hate for the rest of your life is definitely not a good plan, but neither is quitting on a whim because you don't like working.
Exactly. If one can take care of their mortgage, food, family while quitting then go for it. If you cnt provide for your family because you hate your job that's a different story. I applaud the entrepreneurs who makes a living and killing it out there.

It is a blessing to have a job you enjoy, it's like you're not even working at all.

smithstetics

Awards
Exactly. If one can take care of their mortgage, food, family while quitting then go for it. If you cnt provide for your family because you hate your job that's a different story. I applaud the entrepreneurs who makes a living and killing it out there.

It is a blessing to have a job you enjoy, it's like you're not even working at all.
That's what i'm looking for, I just don't know what I want to do yet

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're young and have your whole life ahead of you. Just focus on school and whatever goals you have.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
The school route is the biggest scam people have ever bought into
What are you smoking?! School route is a scam? My degree is the reason why I have a job that I enjoy. In our field I see the same hardworking employees who does the same thing I do and earn 3x less because all they have is a HS degree.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Study and qualifications are important!
I am going to uni next year, its the only way i can become a professional. working in a gym is nice but not forever lol. I would've studied earlier but my summer break in ibiza after HS lasted way longer than i planned to lmao.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, wants a job he will not hate : thinks going to school to get the qualifications (not skills) for that job is a scam.

Bruh, good luck. Most of the reason people end up in jobs they hate for so long is because they refuse to go to school to get the qualifications that employers for the jobs that don't suck want.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Let me guess, you live at home. A "smart" person never leaves a paying job without having something lined up and at least initially guaranteed.
But hey, if you live at home and mommy will support you until you "figure" it out then go for it. I think half the nation is doing that now.
Laughing at "higher education is a scam". Guess you could become a professional port-a-john vac truck operator. I don't believe that requires a degree...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So you're quitting your job (this week), have no plan for how to pay bills, I assume limited savings as (as this seems totally on a whim), and no backup....

I will not be giving you my change next month.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Dude you are 17. You don't have many responsibIlites. Why wait another week. Any job you got at 17 with no qualifications, means you can find another. It sounds like you are having a midlife crisis, hell you haven't even started your life. I worked fast food for my first job, then went somewhere else and didn't like it. Went back to my fast food job. Went another route and then went back to fast food. All before I was 20. No big deal.

Decide what you want to do and get whatever training or schooling it takes. I agree with getting a 4 year degree in women's liberation theology is a waste of money, but schooling to aim towards a career is not. Community college or even vocational schools are excellent choices that don't cost $100,000 to complete. Quit your minimum wage job and go find another one.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Not having a boss is the BEST At that making your own hours and such. Two years without a boss. Loving it
What do you do?
If dont mind me asking : )

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Dude you are 17. You don't have many responsibIlites. Why wait another week. Any job you got at 17 with no qualifications, means you can find another. It sounds like you are having a midlife crisis, hell you haven't even started your life. I worked fast food for my first job, then went somewhere else and didn't like it. Went back to my fast food job. Went another route and then went back to fast food. All before I was 20. No big deal.

Decide what you want to do and get whatever training or schooling it takes. I agree with getting a 4 year degree in women's liberation theology is a waste of money, but schooling to aim towards a career is not. Community college or even vocational schools are excellent choices that don't cost $100,000 to complete. Quit your minimum wage job and go find another one.
I agree on all points.
just get ANYTHING you enjoy or half enjoy doing, something that helps people ( assuming you would like that, I know I do)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"There's a support group for people that hate their jobs. Its called happy hour and the meetings are at 5."

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The school route is the biggest scam people have ever bought into
You need to get the hell out of your parent's house and try this thing called life for real. Then come back here in 10 years and let us know if you still stand by this statement. I remember when I was 17 and had the whole world figured out as well.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
No idea on your age, but I find school to be a good route to meet some interesting people and ideas. What type of jobs or career paths are you looking into? Hobbies?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I hate my job and have done for roughly 5years.... Always wanted to be my own boss, my main passion in life (except my daughter and GF) is the gym, that's would mean if have to be a PT or create my own supplement line.... Both are too big of a risk for me as I have a mortgage and bills to pay. Maybe one day though, I have depression and it appears and goes every so often, all to do with my job.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I hate my job and have done for roughly 5years.... Always wanted to be my own boss, my main passion in life (except my daughter and GF) is the gym, that's would mean if have to be a PT or create my own supplement line.... Both are too big of a risk for me as I have a mortgage and bills to pay. Maybe one day though, I have depression and it appears and goes every so often, all to do with my job.
Hang in there boss, I hve family members that struggles at jobs they dnt like and it's tough living like that. I hope you get another out and find something better not just for your family but for yourself.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was in the same boat for 8 years. It totally fcuks you up.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there boss, I hve family members that struggles at jobs they dnt like and it's tough living like that. I hope you get another out and find something better not just for your family but for yourself.
Thanks brother... I hope so, the hardest thing is finding a job with the same pay... Im not paid greatly but starting a new career in something makes it difficult to be paid the same.