ashwagandha side effects?

F

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

a recap of my situation: since I was suspecting low T (I have first-grade varicocele) I ran blood tests and it turns out that I have low Vit D and LH values. Testosterone is in range but on the low end and SHBG is 24.

My symptoms are mainly: cold hands, dry skin and scalp causing itching, overthinking everything, can’t focus on a single topic due to “monkey mind”, brain fog, mild anxiety and repetitive behaviors (OCD-like).

Somebody advised to try ashwagandha, since it can help in boosting LH and testosterone, besides helping with stress. For this reasons I’ve started supplementing with Jarrow KSM-66. It’s been only two weeks, but so far it seems that I’m doing well. I have more energy, anxiety is lower and brain fog is a little better.

HOWEVER I’m noticing two side effects: more irritability and pimples on my face. Do you think that these sides are caused by increased testosterone? Do they improve with time?

In your experience is there anything else I should try for my issues?
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: YKM
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How old are you? Guessing you are male. Weight/Height?

Did you do anything about your low vitamin D levels? What area of the world do you live in?

I would have taken care of the low Vitamin D levels first and worked from there. Ashwagandha has some evidence and some benefits, but I think it is overblown to be honest. Still, some people have good results on it.

When you say low, what were your vitamin D and LH levels?

What do you take for stimulants?

also..to answer....

HOWEVER I’m noticing two side effects: more irritability and pimples on my face. Do you think that these sides are caused by increased testosterone? Do they improve with time?
No, I don't think it is from increased Test from taking Ashwagandha.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, I don't think it is from increased Test from taking Ashwagandha.
I agree. I used 500mg of test and barely had any acne on my back and shoulders...but for whatever reason vitamin d3 gives me few pimples here and there on my shoulders.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
everyone is different.. there are plenty of supplement that make me break out.. it usually subsides after some time. I love KSM-66 that stuff is great with continued use. I agree with the above though, you should try to fix the two issues you have first. throwing ksm at the issue may mask the problem and trick you into thinking you feel better yet you could be spinning your wheels.