Ashwagandha maybe on its way to being banned in Europe

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A Danish risk assessment for withania somnifera, also called ashwagandha or Indian ginseng, shows health risks with the plant. The risk assessment cannot establish a safe lower limit for ashwagandha.

The risks of the plant have been discussed for a long time, and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) has carried out several risk assessments of the plant in dietary supplements. The conclusion of the latest risk assessment is that the root or extract of the root, for example, can have a negative effect on thyroid hormones and on sex hormones. It has not been possible based on the available data to establish a lower safe dose. Germany makes a similar assessment of the plant.

A number of Swedish products with high levels of ashwagandha have recently been banned in Denmark, and thus the issue has become topical in Sweden. The Swedish Food Agency has therefore reviewed the Danish risk assessment and assessed that it can also be applied in Sweden. However, it is up to each municipality, as a control authority, to decide in individual cases.

Source: Dansk riskvärdering för ashwagandha kan användas i Sverige (livsmedelsverket.se)

It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better stock up now on it before it gets banned ;)

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
negative on thyroid and sex hormones?
All I see are benefits, what's that all about?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Time for many of the worlds people to STOP being RULED OVER. #CitizensNOTsubjects #PeopleNOTpeasents

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
negative on thyroid and sex hormones?
All I see are benefits, what's that all about?
It's a long story to go into all the details on the subject; its something I've wanted to write an article on and will when I have the time to.

But basically, the risks are associated with generic forms that use the leaves rather than the root. It's not that the leaves are bad - but to not be bad, they have to be extracted properly and many generic suppliers/forms are not doing it properly and are just trying to cut costs and maximize output.

My suggestions are that if buying an Ashwagandha, make sure to buy a branded form (KSM-66, Sensoril, Shoden, etc.) AND to also make sure that you're buying it from a trusted company because there are many companies out there that may say KSM-66 on the label but still be using generic material and trying to pass it off as KSM-66. This isn't KSM-66's fault because they try to catch instances of this but their ingredient is so popular and widely sold that it's just impossible for them to be able to catch every brand doing it.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's cool ban some herbs.

Then let in 10 million illegal immigrants who stab and murder and rape your people.

Great job Europe. Almost as stupid as this Biden Administration.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
That's cool ban some herbs.

Then let in 10 million illegal immigrants who stab and murder and rape your people.

Great job Europe. Almost as stupid as this Biden Administration.
I'm european, living in the best country in the world (The United States of America) since 2015.
My original culture is 90% similar than the US culture. I didn't have any issue in my adaptation, I feel even better here, but if you allow people with 0 similitudes than you to live around you, good luck.

I saw this before, this Biden administration agenda.
Europe is over. Because the illegal inmigration, the traditional values, etc etc.

I'm really worry.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm european, living in the best country in the world (The United States of America) since 2015.
My original culture is 90% similar than the US culture. I didn't have any issue in my adaptation, I feel even better here, but if you allow people with 0 similitudes than you to live around you, good luck.

I saw this before, this Biden administration agenda.
Europe is over. Because the illegal inmigration, the traditional values, etc etc.

I'm really worry.
I'm born and raised American and I think saying that the United States is the greatest country in the world is a little debatable these days. They're slowly chipping us down and taking our rights away. Freedom of speech is almost gone these days too, I mean you can still say whatever you want, but if they don't like it they'll make sure nobody hears it.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
I'm born and raised American and I think saying that the United States is the greatest country in the world is a little debatable these days. They're slowly chipping us down and taking our rights away. Freedom of speech is almost gone these days too, I mean you can still say whatever you want, but if they don't like it they'll make sure nobody hears it.

Trust me, it is the best country.
I visited some friends during the pandemic and the police was really rude because I didn't wear the mask in the street.

The taxes are 21%, there are comunist in the gov, they support countries like Venezuela.

I visited England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain last year. The illegal inmigration is everywhere, the police is upon you for no reason.

We are really lucky, just wait until Biden Administration is out.

A lot of democrats are tired of this gov.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Trust me, it is the best country.
I visited some friends during the pandemic and the police was really rude because I didn't wear the mask in the street.

The taxes are 21%, there are comunist in the gov, they support countries like Venezuela.

I visited England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain last year. The illegal inmigration is everywhere, the police is upon you for no reason.

We are really lucky, just wait until Biden Administration is out.

A lot of democrats are tired of this gov.
I completely understand what you're saying, maybe I could have worded that better but my real point is it's not what it used to be and it hasn't been for a long time. I'd still rather live here than anywhere else though

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
I completely understand what you're saying, maybe I could have worded that better but my real point is it's not what it used to be and it hasn't been for a long time. I'd still rather live here than anywhere else though
Yep, nothing is perfect, it could be a really good and long conversation.

This is a nightmare, the Russians, the gas, the agenda, they even took control of the movies/tb shows industry.

For example, I'm not against guns, I have my guns, but we are having a lot of shootings around, they blame the guns, I blame how the politicians (democrats) are against the police, no police on the streets = more crime.

mTOR25

mTOR25

Awards
The whole world is going down the same path now thanks to this globalist agenda led by the WEF! We all must fight this now or else the US being a place of excellence truly will be in the past!

We also need to speak up about this war on Russia right now its wild that we are all heading towards nuclear war like as if nuclear war isn't the end of all civilization for a least several generations!!!

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
The whole world is going down the same path now thanks to this globalist agenda led by the WEF! We all must fight this now or else the US being a place of excellence truly will be in the past!

We also need to speak up about this war on Russia right now its wild that we are all heading towards nuclear war like as if nuclear war isn't the end of all civilization for a least several generations!!!
So funny because a longgggg time ago, I remember when A LOT of ''People'' said : Trump is so bad, he is gonna push the nuclear button.
Damn, if we are close is now because Biden and others like him.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This thread has taken a bit of a detour based on a speculative headline. It's a bit of a stretch from from one Danish risk assessment to a Europe wide ban! In my view it will never happen. Chill guys

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep, nothing is perfect, it could be a really good and long conversation.

This is a nightmare, the Russians, the gas, the agenda, they even took control of the movies/tb shows industry.

For example, I'm not against guns, I have my guns, but we are having a lot of shootings around, they blame the guns, I blame how the politicians (democrats) are against the police, no police on the streets = more crime.

It’s amazing that some people can’t put together the many pieces over the past few years, and/or evaluate how much more life and people suck ever since the globalist empire spread its wings of evil. I’m still clinging on to hope and having faith in god that we can break free from the darkness. I have zero interest in participating in this unprecedented level of corruption.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So funny because a longgggg time ago, I remember when A LOT of ''People'' said : Trump is so bad, he is gonna push the nuclear button.
Those people were naive victims of mass propaganda. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, far too many still remain.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
It’s amazing that some people can’t put together the many pieces over the past few years, and/or evaluate how much more life and people suck ever since the globalist empire spread its wings of evil. I’m still clinging on to hope and having faith in god that we can break free from the darkness. I have zero interest in participating in this unprecedented level of corruption.
This is how it works.

We work, we pay taxes, we have the ability to move the country forward but they always win.

Sometimes life sends us people who don't love us enough, to remind us something really old...''WE THE PEOPLE'', something that they don't care, selfish people..

My theory is, they are not humans being, ambition is the wrong hands is CHAOS.

We don't need politicians, burocratic people who only wants money.