Unanswered Artificial colors yay or nay?

itayb123

Awards
Hey guys..

Made a search and didn't find a discussion on this topic.
What do you guys think? Should we avoid products with artificial colors and dyes or we overthinking it?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Overthinking in my opinion. There are a lot of consumables (supplements and non supplements) out there that have artificial colors and dyes.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And the sun can cause skin cancer, yet we go outside every day....

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would prefer not to have artificial colors but it is not a deal breaker.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't shy away from them, but I prefer products without them. They're pointless to add and serve no purpose other than the looks of a product. Tell me one good reason that your fruit punch needs to be red.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't shy away from them, but I prefer products without them. They're pointless to add and serve no purpose other than the looks of a product. Tell me one good reason that your fruit punch needs to be red.
Depends on what "you" consider to be a good reason.

I mean, I fully understand and accept the psychology that motivates colouring of products. I dont necessarily agree with it, but from a sales perspective I accept it is likely never going to change.

Personally, do I and would I avoid an otherwise useful product based solely on the inclusion of colouring agents? Hell no. I would likely only change my purchasing habits if I considered the good was outweighed by the bad.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And the sun can cause skin cancer, yet we go outside every day....
In moderation, like how most things should be followed. Walking around town for a few hours a day mostly clothed is fine, but I wouldn't personally be tanning daily. I use sunscreen if I am in direct sunlight for more than an hour. I've met so many people lately who are all cut up from getting skin cancer spots removed from their backs/shoulders.

Outside doing concrete work in the direct sun for 10-12 hours a day? Yeah you would be kinda dumb to not wear long sleeves and/or use sun screen.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In moderation, like how most things should be followed. Walking around town for a few hours a day mostly clothed is fine, but I wouldn't personally be tanning daily. I use sunscreen if I am in direct sunlight for more than an hour. I've met so many people lately who are all cut up from getting skin cancer spots removed from their backs/shoulders.

Outside doing concrete work in the direct sun for 10-12 hours a day? Yeah you would be kinda dumb to not wear long sleeves and/or use sun screen.
Skin cancer is fun! Getting some cut out at 22 lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you can’t find a decent product without them that is within budget then why not?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Makes no difference to me. You get them from other products usually so why make this special.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sucks! Many of my family members have it but most of them are over 45 yrs old that have it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Iconic has Toco that can aid the skin in not only protecting against skin cancers, but aid with current ones. I have my wife on it due to same issue.