Article: The 10 Biggest Mistakes Made During Contest Prep

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
I just came off a contest, over 40 class. I started my carb load on Friday morning for the show on Sat. Came out a bit flat, couldnt get a good pump backstage. Still was ripped but just flat feeling. Got 4th,, cuz not enough over 40 dudes showed up, they put me in Open class. I beat 4 other 20 year olds and Im 55! So 3 days later after beef and pasta and loads of water and whey I gained..15 lbs and look amazing. Full and hard and vascular. I should have started eating on Wed night. I learned a lesson. Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just came off a contest, over 40 class. I started my carb load on Friday morning for the show on Sat. Came out a bit flat, couldnt get a good pump backstage. Still was ripped but just flat feeling. Got 4th,, cuz not enough over 40 dudes showed up, they put me in Open class. I beat 4 other 20 year olds and Im 55! So 3 days later after beef and pasta and loads of water and whey I gained..15 lbs and look amazing. Full and hard and vascular. I should have started eating on Wed night. I learned a lesson. Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Seems like fatty meat and salt work better for you then the carbs

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
yes it seems like it, sodium was minimal, but ya, enuff in the steak and salsa that I had with veg pasta. Also had brown rice with teaspoon of maple syrup that my dad had just tapped! Couple baked spuds as well. Wrote it all down so I can try to basically consume same next time.