Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Article: Ten Reasons You Aren't Gaining Mass

Agree with all except the half Rep statement. Partial reps have there place..

It says (they have their place) in the article. This is a great article 10 out of 10!
 
Agree with all except the half Rep statement. Partial reps have there place..

I don't completely agree with 6, 8, or 10.(The guy who wrote this article isn't big at all; not even for a natural)
6
The calorie surplus only needs to be more than what's needed to maintain muscle, not more than what's needed to maintain muslce and fat. Depending on your body composition you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. That's an overall calorie deficit.
8
I'd be surprised if he knew what it was like to lift to true failure. You can't always do the biggest lifts at the beginning if you know how to push yourself to the limit. If I want to push my deadlifts to the max I have to put them at the end of the workout or I'll be too nauseous to finish. I'll end up only doing deadlifts that day. For a hardgainer throwing up is the worst thing that could happen. It's a complete waste of the last 6 hours. There's no way we'd be able to make that up with how hard it is for us to eat enough in the first place.
You should alternate when you do them at the end or beginning of your workouts.
10
I used to do drop sets all the time. It quickly leads to stagnation and/or overtraining; especially since he's recommending to do multiple drop sets and not just 1 as a finisher...
 
Back
Top