Guest viewing is limited

Article: Sugar Still Killing Us

That number by our standard (U.S.) is actually 5%. I don't see how it matters too much. Sugar is sugar whether it was there from the beginning or added later. What we really need is to shun simple sugars and aim for complex carbs.
 
Don't forget white bread, everyone always talks about the evils of sugar, but white flour is no better.

It's crazy that we have to get the government involved in this. To me sugar is one of the most effective and addicting drugs on the market today, and really has no Benefit to the human body.
 
Don't forget white bread, everyone always talks about the evils of sugar, but white flour is no better.

It's crazy that we have to get the government involved in this. To me sugar is one of the most effective and addicting drugs on the market today, and really has no Benefit to the human body.

The proper way to handle this is through marketing. It has worked for drinking while driving and smoking cigarettes. It will also work for sugar consumption as well. It takes time, but in a few years of hammering the message that simple sugars are harmful - people will begin to shy away like they always do. We need a cultural change and I think we all know that government intervention via legislation does not equate to a change in behavior. It only exacerbates the issue and causes people to resent the institution of government.

This is something that must happen in the home; where the parent(s) are taking full responsibility in establishing healthy lifesetyles to their children. I have seen this method work more effectively than any other way. It's the way humans were designed - to follow our parents and to let our upbringing influence who we become.
 
Don't forget white bread, everyone always talks about the evils of sugar, but white flour is no better.

It's crazy that we have to get the government involved in this. To me sugar is one of the most effective and addicting drugs on the market today, and really has no Benefit to the human body.

The benefit is that it f@#king tastes good! What's wrong with having something in moderation that tastes good?

FFS you may as well take away every single thing on this planet that can do 'harm'. Things are getting too politically correct.

I like sugar, i like alchohol, i like junk food, BUT IN MODERATION. I also eat healthy most of the time and have a good physique, but i enjoy what i want when i want. Live a little and do what you enjoy.
 
That number by our standard (U.S.) is actually 5%. I don't see how it matters too much. Sugar is sugar whether it was there from the beginning or added later. What we really need is to shun simple sugars and aim for complex carbs.
I agree it doesn't really matter whether it's added or just regular carbohydrates, e.g. fruit. I think the point may be that by adding sugar unnecessarily to foods and encouraging people to consume these goods it has them over-consuming sugar, or carbohydrates and blunting insulin sensitivity into cells which can potentially lead to the cell becoming insulin resistant (e.g. Diabetes). It doesn't really matter where your sugar comes from, one way or another over-consumption will destroy you. Complex or simple is irrelevant when speaking about insulin unless you are talking about nutrient timing. GI is influenced by too many things to pin it to simple or complex carbohydrates, or more to the point Mitochondrial deficiency is associated with insulin resistance and we know from a vast body of scientific evidence that high carbohydrate intake causes this. (Add a www in front and remove the spaces, I can't submit links yet) ncbi. nlm . nih . gov / pubmed / 23520282 . If you add exercise into the mix it is much harder to have the metabolic pathways malfunction as long as you were healthy before, although it is not unheard of, especially if you were active, stop being active but continue to consume large quantities of carbohydrate your body starts to degrade.
 
I would much rather live until im 75 years old and eating good tasting food all my life then live an extra 5 years to 80 and eating boring bland food worrying about what's wrong with everything i eat.

I eat food 6 times a day everyday, i sure as hell like to make sure i'm eating good tasting food :)
 
I would much rather live until im 75 years old and eating good tasting food all my life then live an extra 5 years to 80 and eating boring bland food worrying about what's wrong with everything i eat.

I eat food 6 times a day everyday, i sure as hell like to make sure i'm eating good tasting food :)

Who says healthy food doesn't taste good or better than **** food? I'd rather say "i'd like to eat that but won't because it's crap for me, i'll go have some strawberries with cream instead" than "yolo".
 
Back
Top