Article: Squat 4x A Week?

audix2359

audix2359

Awards
I believe the Bulgarian method, or the John Broz method is more effective. I made the most rapid gains on squats when I was hitting my 1 rep max 5 days per week. Each day was not a new PR, and the first few weeks were a grind but after a month my max was way up as was my 3rm, 5rm, etc.

After a month of this, it was VERY hard to bring myself to squatting each day, so I took a reload week and went back to a 5/3/1 template - with a much higher squat max then before!

I'm actually going to start this up again in about a month, but use 4 days rather than 5 and incorporate bench as well. BTW, I low bar squat so save the posterior chain recovery stuff - it didn't slow me down.

Personally, I would not be able to do something like this with deadlifts; I just don't seem to recover as quickly from those.

wtmdcg91

wtmdcg91

Awards
how is it bogus? Are you that dumb?
I am sick and tired of people trying to post all these different workouts supposedly will make you grow faster .. whatever.. You all know squatting every ****ing day is not going to make your ass grow ... i don't care the called the Bulgarian **** or what .. there is no proof to back none of these freaking methods .. Besides making noise with the muscle heads at the gym who are looking for something new ..wow they can't ****ing grow with the staples. They looking for an excuse, to blame someone for their own lack of dedication!!

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
I am sick and tired of people trying to post all these different workouts supposedly will make you grow faster .. whatever.. You all know squatting every ****ing day is not going to make your ass grow ... i don't care the called the Bulgarian **** or what .. there is no proof to back none of these freaking methods .. Besides making noise with the muscle heads at the gym who are looking for something new ..wow they can't ****ing grow with the staples. They looking for an excuse, to blame someone for their own lack of dedication!!
I think you missed the entire purpose of this article. Maybe I am biased, I know Tony personally.

As of late training frequency has been in the spotlight. People are playing around with it and seeing what they can get away with and thats a good thing. Of course this would work... just about anything works for a certain amount of time. If you cannot admit to that then you clearly haven't been doing this for a long time. Why would we need studies or "proof" (whatever that means) for different methods of training... there aren't any for the majority of popular lifting methodologies. Yet people follow them consistently and see great results (5x5, westside, 5/3/1, the bulgarian method etc...). Tony was simply experimenting, trying something he hasn't done and then sharing with us the results he saw from it. He doesn't claim this to be the best thing since sliced bread, he's not pushing it, he's simple reporting what happened and maybe you want to try it. I think it's laughable that you think everyone should just follow this "Staple" method which you haven't described at all... is it a bodypart split, upper/lower split, 5/3/1, 5x5, etc... Not to mention somehow out of this article made you think that you are so much more dedicated than everyone else. And btw not everyone in this world is going to use extra "supplements" that you clearly have used. Sometimes a new workout can be pretty helpful to those that are natural, to see some extra gains.

PROness

Awards
So basically this article is about a toned down version of the Bulgarian program.