Article shows Muscle Pharm shenanigans, also...

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Interesting article. Curious if anyone thinks DS is innocent here? "i.e. PEA and ETH occur randomly in some batch of raw ingredients DS got from God knows where in China." If thats the case, it makes you wonder about their quality control and third party testing of ingredients.

Monte

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's kind of a stretch to say that musclepharm reformulated assault because they were afraid they'd be busted with 30mg of PEA per serving...

Basic PEA is usually dosed at 500mg....1g...sometimes even more...

It's probably reflective of some poor QC somewhere in MP's manufacturing, but would have nothing to do with them reformulating.

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
It's kind of a stretch to say that musclepharm reformulated assault because they were afraid they'd be busted with 30mg of PEA per serving...

It's probably reflective of some poor QC somewhere in MP's manufacturing, but would have nothing to do with them reformulating.
DeeB, how common do you think poor QC practices are within American supplement companies? With so many raws coming from China these days, it's a bit scary to think about corners being cut.

Monte

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DeeB, how common do you think poor QC practices are within American supplement companies? With so many raws coming from China these days, it's a bit scary to think about corners being cut.

Monte
Like 70% of companies get cited for at least one cGMP violation every inspection.

Some of those are minor clerical errors.

Some are complete failures to even attempt to comply with cGMP.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'm assuming that PEA was not listed in MP's assault? Because that should be legal, unless things have changed...

But it was overall interesting to see how variable the ETH was in Craze and Detonate. Which could be why people mentioned how much stronger other batches were

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm assuming that PEA was not listed in MP's assault? Because that should be legal, unless things have changed...

But it was overall interesting to see how variable the ETH was in Craze and Detonate. Which could be why people mentioned how much stronger other batches were
Yeah, the PEA wasn't on Assaults label. I would imagine some raw of theirs was contaminated.

To suggest that someone would intentionally spike a product with an off-label ingredient, at a dose that would have no appreciable effect whatsoever however...is just silly :p

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Like 70% of companies get cited for at least one cGMP violation every inspection.

Some of those are minor clerical errors.

Some are complete failures to even attempt to comply with cGMP.
DeeB, thanks for the info. One would hope that the identification of contaminated raw materials would be of the utmost importance for these companies. MP fell short here. Wonder if this was a one-off example or a pattern of negligent behavior...

Monte

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting article for sure!

Mike

smoker145

I swear to god ill pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans