Huh, I can do flat bench and incline bench without shoulder pain, but decline really hurts my shoulders. Dips however don't hurt, but many times dont feel good either....
Declines don't hurt my shoulders at all. I also have a better chest workout with declines compared to flat barbell bench. In fact I am giving up flat barbell bench because of a shoulder problem.
I do all of the above when doing chest workouts so I cover all areas of my pectoral muscles. If not I can feel how simply the top for example feels sore.
My assumption as to why one experiences shoulder pain with some positions rather than others has to do with position of ball in socket joint of shoulder while doing workout... I use to experience shoulder pain and realized that it was during certain exercises. My trainer (back when I was a
College athlete) showed me how different ligaments can get "pinched" inside the socket joint when shoulders are not positioned correctly. Just a head's up. Maybe for some it's simply their technique that's the problem.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.