Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Article: New York To Ban Large Sodas

At the end of the day people will eat what they want. They should stop with bans on bad things and make GOOD food more accessible.

With that said, I wish fast food places would carry an equal amount of healthy options to unhealthy ones. More choices for people who WANT to eat right.
 
monstermash said:
At the end of the day people will eat what they want. They should stop with bans on bad things and make GOOD food more accessible.

With that said, I wish fast food places would carry an equal amount of healthy options to unhealthy ones. More choices for people who WANT to eat right.

I agree that healthier options should be more readily available but I think it's a cool idea to limit portions. People can still get refills, theyre just too lazy to get up and get em. Sodas have gotten to the point that they don't even fit in vehicle cup holders, like it's a contest to see who can drink the most $h!t in a day. I wish Texas would do this. If somebody is so dehydrated that they need a jug of somethin to drink, they prolly need water.
 
With that said, I wish fast food places would carry an equal amount of healthy options to unhealthy ones. More choices for people who WANT to eat right.

That will never happen when the majority does not care. Healthy foods = expensive. If everyone wanted to eat better, demand for fast food would change and if the fast food did not accommodate the new healthy mind set of consumers they would go out of business or lose profit. As long as their sales don't decrease they aren't going to change much.
 
That will never happen when the majority does not care. Healthy foods = expensive. If everyone wanted to eat better, demand for fast food would change and if the fast food did not accommodate the new healthy mind set of consumers they would go out of business or lose profit. As long as their sales don't decrease they aren't going to change much.

I hear ya but since they are gonna "force" these fast food chains to do something anyway might as well make them carry more healthy sh!t. I mean the people obviously want huge sodas but they are gonna put a stop to that...

My statement was mere wishful thinking. I also don't like big brother telling me what i can and can't do. If the fat sows can't stop drinking gallons of soda, let 'em. Darwinism for the win!
 
monstermash said:
If the fat sows can't stop drinking gallons of soda, let 'em. Darwinism for the win!

Lol I totally agree with this. It just pisses me off every time I see a story on the news about how much fat people cost us in tax dollars just because theyre too lazy to take care of themselves. New York is over-stepping their bounds with this but I'm glad somebody is trying to do something. I always hear people cry about their weight as they order a double bacon cheeseburger with large fries and a large coke.
 
What a joke. I mean what about all the greasy food that the vendors sell. I guess u would have to ban candy ,italian ices,and what about those giant coffee drinks from starbucks that have more sugar and fat than a value meal at mcdonalds. People get fat because of poor choices they make not what people are selling and sitting behind a computer typin away on facebook all day or playing xbox instead of gettin in the gym and busting ur ass has a lot to do with it also. Get off ur ass and exercise!
 
I can see both sides of the argument. I don't really see a problem with it. Some people act like soda is the only thing they can drink. Like the Guy quoted about having to quench your thirst at a long movie. Gee here's a thought, try some water. And the businesses crying about it affecting their business. Um how exactly? Like people are gonna stop going to McDonald's just because they can't get their 32 ouncer.

If people want to have the choice to knowingly destroy their bodies, then the public should have the choice to deny them medical care when their bodies fail or they become diabetic.
 
Back
Top