Article: Drop Sets And Speed Sets

For drop sets/strip sets, I don't know why you couldn't just load the bar with smaller weights and after your first set (say bench), just get up, strip a plate or two off of each side, set up again and go. What's that going to take - 15 or 20 seconds? I really don't think that's going to turn the whole affair into something else completely to the point that you could not still call it a drop or strip set.

The article is really over thinking the whole thing IMO.
 
that's what I was thinking..... The time spent thinking about the rest period vs weight change would be more than just changing the weight & getting on with it. However, in my younger days I tried doing push-ups in a drop-set fashion after benching - keeps things fresh & I felt it helped whip my chest into shape, IMHO
 
Back
Top