Article: Does Counting Calories Work?

I've never counted calories. For me, a hobby shouldn't put that much stress in your life. Whether cutting or bulking, I just listen to my body and try to shoot for a specific range for my macros. Granted I'm neither huge nor have 5% BF.
 
They forgot also how inaccurate calories for foods are.
Counting calories is a waste of time, but if it makes you feel better, and do better, then whos to say don't?
 
Well, this article on a site like this is not really hitting it's target audience IMO. Preaching to the converted, and most of us by and large know what we're doing in regards to getting the correct macros (which is arguably more important than total calorie intake, up to a point). Your average man/women on the street though... that's another story. A conversation with such an individual would likely reveal a calorie/macro intake a million miles from where it should be, I often find many people are too low protein, too high carb and either too low fat or too high in bad ones. It's also surprising to me how many people I come across who are aware of calories, but pay no attention to macros. Such people would seriously benefit from figuring out their TDEE, what their macro intake SHOULD be, and counting calories for a while. There is NO WAY ON EARTH this would not benefit the vast majority of people!!
 
A total can be an estimate. A total is an overall number, and an estimate is still a total. I know what you're saying but if you try getting the uninitiated to start googling EDEE that's not very helpful to them. Most calculators and good info sources on this kind of thing will tell you that all these figures can vary between individuals and require experimentation to find what works best for you.
 
Well, that's what It's called in my text books, and taught by professor in college.
All the good bro's online are the only people I've heard use that term (tdee) So I don't know.

Most use the harrisbenidict equation which is also highly inaccurate.

Total can be an estimate, so wouldnt it be a estimated total.

So you meant e.t.d.e.e? Never heard that one.
 
I agree it's an estimate, but a total CAN be just that! It's not called DDEE... Definitive Daily Energy Expenditure lol! Googling TDEE yields far more info that will help someone than EDEE anyway.
 
Back
Top