Article: Conditioning Vs Strength Training

good article completley agree with military style pt being pretty much useless nothing they did improved my pt test score the way it did when I started lifting
 
Amazingly good read. I AM a firefighter and could not understand why out academy was based on running and bodyweight work when our job was to work in extreme environments wearing 75lbs of gear and doing heavy physical labor. I still did barbell work on the weekends and once clear of the academy stopped traditional cargo altogether...if i want to train my heart rate i do farmers walks of high volume step ups. Even several years if no running my resting heart rate is still below 60. I DO limit myself in what my max lifts are as i am getting older and do not want to risk injury...do i stop at 300 bench, 500 dead, and am working towards a 225 overhead press, 400 squat and 300 row at 225 body weight.
 
Back
Top