Article: Are “Aesthetics” Just An Excuse?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Something else comes to mind when I read this. The most difficult aspect for myself in bodybuilding is this - eating enough food. Sure, I've progressed dramatically over the years, from bulking with 1800kcals to now bulking with 4000+. But the fact remains that eating so much of the right kinds of micro-nutrient packed foods is something that the vast majority of hard gainers and physique competitors simply don't have the resolve or experience to do adequately.

I can think of two pro's right now who hate eating so much - Dexter Jackson & Flex Lewis. I'm sure there are more, but when it comes right down to it, a lack of diet control is the single greatest reason why people cop out of trying to get that bodybuilding physique. They aren't willing to eat more than usual to grow and then turn around and eat less than needed to cut. They aren't willing to live in the extremes of dieting, which is a pre-requisite for a "sculpted, ideal, aesthetically-pleasing physique". There are a thousand good excuses for it too considering the fast food culture we live in. I agree with the author that downplaying and talking down about bodybuilders' physiques is a mistake - they are further along than the physique competitors. More work, more food and more hormones were needed to get that look, emphasis on the first two though.