Unanswered Article: Ability to absorb and use large single bolus protein amounts.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

In the article, it explains how you may be able to absorb and utilize more protein than previously though in a single large bolus dose.

This is what I have believed for the longest time. The body is highly adaptive, and not one size fits all. Why I consume a minimum of 50g per meal, and only have 3 meals in a day.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have seen this anecdotally for years. I do believe that it is easier to digest food when it is spaced out, but I don’t think there is a one size size fits all approach for the amount you can consume in one sitting.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have seen this anecdotally for years. I do believe that it is easier to digest food when it is spaced out, but I don’t think there is a one size size fits all approach for the amount you can consume in one sitting.
I agree. No one size fits all. Why a lot of the protein studies in my opinion cannot be definitive. How do people gain lean mass on OMAD? Or heavy intermittent fasting? I believe the body adapts to suit what the individual is doing. Kind of like when someone is in a deficit for too long, the body downregulates hormones to compensate for low calories.

IusedToBeFit

IusedToBeFit

Awards
I like Vince Gironda's take on digestion and absorbing protein.

But as we know, there is more than one way to reach the finish line.
And complicating fitness is not needed to make gains, but for those who want to get analytical about it, you may very well enjoy his readings on nutrition as I have.

lamarclark09

Awards
I like Vince Gironda’s readings on nutrition as well. And yes I believe that it’s really informative and analytical.