Unanswered Aromasin sides? Bloodwork...

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In May I got a bad flare up of gyno. Took about 3-4 weeks of Aromasin(12.5mg)/Nolva(20mg) daily to get it to subside.
Stopped everything mid-June. Since then, my libido has been absolutely DEAD. No morning wood, etc. for over a month.

Bloodwork results:
-Total Test: 445 (Normal range: 240-871). Normal for me.
-Estradiol: 22 (Range: 11-44). Normal.
-SHBG: 26 (Range: 11-78). Normal.
-Free Test: 10.5 (Range: 10-36). Normally around 18.
-FSH: 2.3 (Range: 1-12)
-LH: 4.0 (Range <12.1). Normally around 10.

FSH and LH seem low compared to my past results.
(I'm in my late 30's. It's been over 8 months since my last cycle of Test).

Any advice on what to do? This is getting extremely frustrating and a little concerning.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Proviron: 50mg/d split 2x25mg. Or maybe nettle root extract, high dosed. Lets free some test.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Proviron: 50mg/d split 2x25mg. Or maybe nettle root extract, high dosed. Lets free some test.
+1 to this

As far as libido goes you should have checked your DHT levels. DHT is the hormone that has an effect on your libido and mental state, not testosterone.

Take some proviron and your libido will skyrocket.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, I just saw that your shbg is actually not high. Hm ... proviron will still help, as it's DHT basically but it's not a permanent solution. I would advise you to check your prolactin and progesterone levels (usually come in the package with gyno). Those do not help with libido. If they are high I would advise you to take caber in order to lower them. Caber alone will help your libido.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with HG and Jinsun.
Stinging Nettle and Proviron. And more bloodwork.
What started your gyno??

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
+1 to this

Take some proviron and your libido will skyrocket.
I agree with HG and Jinsun.
Stinging Nettle and Proviron. And more bloodwork.
What started your gyno??
I forgot to mention, anything DHT related makes me shed badly (yep, I'm one of those guys who's both gyno AND hairloss prone. Fun, right?).

I can give the Stinging Nettle and/or Caber a shot. Any advice on dosing?
(Cabers usually .25mg 2x/week. Stinging nettle comes in 500mg pills).

Nothing started the gyno. It just flared up out of nowhere.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, @Jinsun,

DHT and caber is not the solution, only a quick fix. Personally (note: its me, the guy that never visits doctors), I would try to up test production with a 6-8 week clomid protocol, while eating proviron like skittles.
After that see if something changed (change = hopefully not enlarged prostate and being suddenly bald).

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention, anything DHT related makes me shed badly (yep, I'm one of those guys who's both gyno AND hairloss prone. Fun, right?).

I can give the Stinging Nettle and/or Caber a shot. Any advice on dosing?
(Cabers usually .25mg 2x/week. Stinging nettle comes in 500mg pills).

Nothing started the gyno. It just flared up out of nowhere.
Ah, did not read carefully your response. No DHT for you. There is no recommended dosage on stinging nettle for ED. Just try to get a good extract and go with something like : 3x label recommended dosage, that will do.
Would still consider the clomid protocol.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, @Jinsun,

DHT and caber is not the solution, only a quick fix. Personally (note: its me, the guy that never visits doctors), I would try to up test production with a 6-8 week clomid protocol, while eating proviron like skittles.
After that see if something changed (change = hopefully not enlarged prostate and being suddenly bald).
Yeah, but he said in his op, that this levels of test are his baseline. So if this is his baseline, that means that he can not bring them any higher. No sense for a new PCT, that would in fact probably even further raise shbg and throw everything else out off whack again. Anyway, then if you think about it, if this are his normal test levels and he normally has good/okey libido (with this kind of test levels), then there is something else wrong:
- his FT levels are below his baseline, which means less DHT
- he had gyno which most likely means raised progesterone and prolactin
This two factors led me to the reasoning, from which I deduced my the advice ie.: increase DHT, lower progesterone and prolactin.

Beyond that I'm just a bro, talking with other bro's on the net about their peckers, so don't take my advice as if I'm an endo. XD Lot's of other factors, can probably have an effect on you right now. Heck, maybe the prostate grew on the cycle or is maybe inflamed or something and that is putting pressure on your friend... idk

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but he said in his op, that this levels of test are his baseline. So if this is his baseline, that means that he can not bring them any higher. No sense for a new PCT, that would in fact probably even further raise shbg and throw everything else out off whack again. Anyway, then if you think about it, if this are his normal test levels and he normally has good/okey libido (with this kind of test levels), then there is something else wrong:
This two factors led me to the reasoning, from which I deduced my the advice ie.: increase DHT, lower progesterone and prolactin.

Beyond that I'm just a bro, talking with other bro's on the net about their peckers, so don't take my advice as if I'm an endo. XD Lot's of other factors, can probably have an effect on you right now. Heck, maybe the prostate grew on the cycle or is maybe inflamed or something and that is putting pressure on your friend... idk
Yes, you are right. I'm seeing this more from a bodybuilder standpoint: more test = better. :)

He could benefit from a PDE-5 inhibitor, that I'm sure.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sharing, about "Willy" problems:

I'm constantly fiddling with libido. Its more a guessing game for me -but some rules apply.

Looking at his estrogen. A slight difference up -or downwards, inside normal range parameters, could make a huge difference. For me it does.

His problem would be how to up it a notch. Getting it a tad down is easy, like a one time dose of exem at 12.5mg, then evaluating.

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sharing, about "Willy" problems:

I'm constantly fiddling with libido. Its more a guessing game for me -but some rules apply.

Looking at his estrogen. A slight difference up -or downwards, inside normal range parameters, could make a huge difference. For me it does.

His problem would be how to up it a notch. Getting it a tad down is easy, like a one time dose of exem at 12.5mg, then evaluating.
Quick update: Finally got my prolactin levels back. For some reason the Dr. decided to send this to me this morning instead of with the other results.
Prolactin: 9.8 (Normal range 2.1-17.7)
When I tested it about a month ago, it was close to 20 (explains the gyno flare up).

Ultimately it looks like my LH/FSH are low, which are normally responsible for libido (from what I'm reading).

So what are we thinking here guys? Caber? Clomid? HCG? None of the above?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick update: Finally got my prolactin levels back. For some reason the Dr. decided to send this to me this morning instead of with the other results.
Prolactin: 9.8 (Normal range 2.1-17.7)
When I tested it about a month ago, it was close to 20 (explains the gyno flare up).

Ultimately it looks like my LH/FSH are low, which are normally responsible for libido (from what I'm reading).

So what are we thinking here guys? Caber? Clomid? HCG? None of the above?
I would try to get your FT up. But I'm thinking I wouldn't wanna use hormones (ie. proviron) to do so. Use aromasin or something else. Besides that I would wait. Post pct libido sucks, this is normal. Your body needs to readjust to normal hormonal levels. This doesn't happen overnight.

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would try to get your FT up. But I'm thinking I wouldn't wanna use hormones (ie. proviron) to do so. Use aromasin or something else. Besides that I would wait. Post pct libido sucks, this is normal. Your body needs to readjust to normal hormonal levels. This doesn't happen overnight.
I hear ya man, but just as a reminder... I've been off cycle/pct for over 8 months. I just got a gyno flare up in May.
I took aromasin/nolva for 4 weeks and after that, I found myself in this mess.

Wouldn't taking aromasin again make the problem worse?

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beyond that I'm just a bro, talking with other bro's on the net about their peckers, so don't take my advice as if I'm an endo.
P.s. This sh*t was the funniest thing I've read all week.

Not sure if anyone's still checking this, but should I jump on some Caber (in hopes of recovering the libido)? Or just wait it out (it's been well over a month since stopping the asin).

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your labs show that you have low free test, right? This is why I recomended aromasin, to free up some test.

When did you stop taking nolva? Wasnt that just a couple of weeks ago? If that is so, then yeah, it just might be to soon for homeostasis. I am a month from pct and libido is still not really there yet. Morning wood etc is all good but libido sucks. Started taking some caber and a bit of letro which helped only a little tbh.

But I have other problems, like MDD and GAD so there's that heh

Wanna feel reall horny? Take proviron and some melanotan 2 : D

S

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your labs show that you have low free test, right? This is why I recomended aromasin, to free up some test.

When did you stop taking nolva? Wasnt that just a couple of weeks ago? If that is so, then yeah, it just might be to soon for homeostasis. I am a month from pct and libido is still not really there yet. Morning wood etc is all good but libido sucks. Started taking some caber and a bit of letro which helped only a little tbh.
Nah I've been off Asin/Nolva for 4-5 weeks now. That all ended back in mid June.

It's just odd that a month of asin/nolva could kill my libido when it's usually intended to do the opposite.

Last edited: