Arm wrestling training

Invulnerabledr

Invulnerabledr

Awards
What’s up guys. Been bodybuilding for many years now and have gotten bored and am having an interest in arm wrestling. I don’t plan to stop training or course but just want to change my main focus. I’ve tried my luck with arm wrestling several strong guys like myself. And I do exceptionally well. So I’m wondering if anyone here trains for arm wrestling and could possibly share some exercises I could do. I want to compete in legit comps but I want to build more power and tendon strength before I go in. I wanna specifically train for this. I feel like powerlifting and bodybuilding gave me a good head start. Just need to focus on that solely. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a photo of me doing pulls and holds with cables. Do hand grippers work for arm wrestling power? I can close the captains of crush 250lb 3 times in my right hand and 1 time in my left. Also how many times should I keep training this weekly?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would focus on EXPLOSIVE use of those grippers, and when you can do so with exercises(with relative safety) I would do so. I would also think building a combo of strength and endurance with isometrics would also be of benefit for those times you find yourself evenly matched and essentially have to wait till one of you tire. This is how I won 99% of my drunken college keg party arm wrestling matches. I was always the big guy there so there was always someone wanting to arm wrestle. I SUCK at arm wrestling and have about the worst anatomical set up for it, very long limbs with puny forearms(lol) BUT I had tons of overall strength and could always out last my challengers do to my training.

I would think looking into cholinergic supps may provide some benefits as well.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I didn’t even think of this at first, but yeah some nootropic style supplements would be a good idea to help with skill development.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know know much about arm wrestling but I've looked into the training for ideas to improve my hand and grip strength. Over the years I broke a lot of fingers and knuckles so my hand strength is limited in comparison to my pulling strength on rows and stuff like that.

Just Google some top arm wrestlers and look up there training routines. It's very unorthodox compared to most other forms of weight training. Very goal specific

Invulnerabledr

Invulnerabledr

Awards
I would focus on EXPLOSIVE use of those grippers, and when you can do so with exercises(with relative safety) I would do so. I would also think building a combo of strength and endurance with isometrics would also be of benefit for those times you find yourself evenly matched and essentially have to wait till one of you tire. This is how I won 99% of my drunken college keg party arm wrestling matches. I was always the big guy there so there was always someone wanting to arm wrestle. I SUCK at arm wrestling and have about the worst anatomical set up for it, very long limbs with puny forearms(lol) BUT I had tons of overall strength and could always out last my challengers do to my training.

The isometrics is something I’ve been doing alot of holding heavy dumbells at hammer neutral grip and holding till my arm burns. I can do 100lb dumbells right now on a preacher (not curl but holding for a long period). Gonna also maybe try to do heavy weighted pull-ups and hold myself at the top or midway as long as I can. Thanks brother!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 10
Prince IronMag Labs 0
William_lifts Training Forum 0
William_lifts Training Forum 7
Training Forum 13