Arm Day

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
So for the first time in my entire lifting journey, I’m incorporating an arm day. Im struggling to choose the right exercises. I can’t do dips because I’m doing upper body on Friday and will be doing some presses.

I thought about this…

Incline DB Curls 1 1/2 - 3X8
Tricep Extension- 3X10
Hammer Curls- 3X10
Skull Crushers- 3X10
EZ Bar Curl- 3X10 drop set
Rope Pulldown- 3X10 drop set

What do you guys think? Add or take away anything?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just my 2 cents, I would replace skull crushers with dips or close grip decline press (medial head) and ez bar curl with preacher curl.

Tricep extensions if overhead are pretty much gonna hit the same part of the tricep as skull crushers (long head) and since you're targeting the long head of the bicep with incline curls and the brachialis with hammer curls, hit the short head with preacher.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my favorite tricep movement is Skull Crushers to failure and than right into Close Grip Presses.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of my favorite tricep movement is Skull Crushers to failure and than right into Close Grip Presses.
A former friend of mine and I used to workout together years ago. We used to do a tri-set and we called them pukers….I’ll get to the name in a second. So we would lie down with an ez-curl bar set up like you would do skull crusher, but first we would do pullovers without them, focusing on stretching the triceps during the movement. Then go right into skull crushers, then close grip presses.

Some teenagers saw us doing them, so they tried it when we weren’t around. They said doing them almost made them puke!