are there any supplements I can take long term for libido boost alongside ssri?

john10960

Awards
Hi guys.

Just wondering, are there any supplements out there that can be taken long term to battle the libido lowering effects of SSRI's? (lexapro)

Anyone have any success with this?

Thanks!

(hope Im asking in the right place)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
mix em up....
m-test
testify or kingsblood
dtp v3
alphamax

run 1 for a month, then move on to the next. maybe even use the good old 5 on 2 off dosing. after running thru all 4 maybe take a week or 2 off, then repeat--or try SNS inhibit e and p after running all 4.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some great options out there! CEL M test being may favorite. Product stocked with fully dosed ingredients. You could also add in SNS Tribulus and Bulbine for their libido boosting qualities. M test can be found for around $30 and I believe nutriverse has some great deals right now! Good luck my friend

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some great options out there! CEL M test being may favorite. Product stocked with fully dosed ingredients. You could also add in SNS Tribulus and Bulbine for their libido boosting qualities. M test can be found for around $30 and I believe nutriverse has some great deals right now! Good luck my friend
oh hell yes, I forgot bulbine!!!

thicc

Awards
Hey John I too take lexapro and hate how it crushes my libido (my gf doesnt appreciate it much either)

I've tried a couple things
DIM
tribulus
The anabolic freak and test freak stack
Dhea

Unfortunately I didn't notice a huge change from any of them tbh maybe the dim and freak stack but as far as long term use goes I'm not sure

Definitely in to see what others have to say

john10960

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. God, guess I gotta do a lot of research. But will definitely look into what you mentioned.

A follow up question:

1. Im pretty sure it has to do with decreased dopamine. Are there any products out there that can boost dopamine but are safe **long term** ? I know mucuna pruriens does an excellent job but its long term use seems to be in question.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. God, guess I gotta do a lot of research. But will definitely look into what you mentioned.

A follow up question:

1. Im pretty sure it has to do with decreased dopamine. Are there any products out there that can boost dopamine but are safe **long term** ? I know mucuna pruriens does an excellent job but its long term use seems to be in question.
nope...have your doc run a panel....don't F around with long term otc's for treating something like low dopamine-particularly if you are just 'guessing'!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am a pretty good mucana responder and I don't believe it is going to help your issue. Supps that have a "well sort of a libido boost" component like mucana, alcar, forslean arent what u r looking for.

We need to point u towards a good HGW/Icariin and fenugreek bulk powder. This way, price wont hold u back from dosing aggressively.

I think DAA actually would work for the libido aspect... but the likelihood to enduce anxiety for u is probably high too so it's probably ruled out.

john10960

Awards
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Lemme ask this way, if you guys had to take *one* thing for a maximum libido boost, what would it be? (preference towards something that can be taken over the long term)

Thanks!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Libido or erection issues? That would help me make a choice towards your situation.

I'm one of the few lucky ones who doesn't have any sides from Lexapro. Been on 20mg for two years now.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Libido or erection issues? That would help me make a choice towards your situation.

I'm one of the few lucky ones who doesn't have any sides from Lexapro. Been on 20mg for two years now.
What is it?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lots of stuff would work short term 2-3 months...long term I would look at alcar/plcar combo.

Fizzeek

Fizzeek

Awards
Yeah. I use the solaray brand of dopabean...4 capsules in the morning, and some fenugreek.