Are oral test boosters hype or do they really work?

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm 43, 5'11" and looking for size and strength gains.

I bought a product from a typical health store called MHP Fit X Power which is supposed to increase test levels. The ingredients are:
DL-A-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA)567.9mg
D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)1,000mg
I took this 3 times a day for a month religiously but I also lifted and ate as best as I could. Reviewing my logs in that month I did increase in strength and repetitions but I'm not sure if it would have been any different without it. My only other supplements was MHP Fit X trainer which has an 8,800 mg creatine and beta alanine blend.

Was I on this for too short of time? I was told cycle it off for a month by one of the store reps. Or should I just stop going to that store and look elsewhere?

I got the flu right after I was done and haven't lifted in a month so getting back on the wagon tomorrow. Hesitant to take any PH's because I work 12 hour night shifts and my schedule is far from a day person's. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanx

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Paragon brother it will really help it's great and has an anti estrogen so it not only boosts your test levels but keeps the water weight off it's PNI paragon

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Paragon brother it will really help it's great and has an anti estrogen so it not only boosts your test levels but keeps the water weight off it's PNI paragon
Looking into it. Thanx!

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
DAA made me lethargic. Alot of people say it works but the blood tests ive seen show a raise in E and lower free T.

I like AIs for test boosting (well, the blocking of e conversation)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA made me lethargic. Alot of people say it works but the blood tests ive seen show a raise in E and lower free T.

Good thing paragon has an anti e in it :)

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote

AI? Not caught up with all the acronyms yet.

According to the info it's good for a PCT too or standalone supplement.

Don't see anything on how long to take it though.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI? Not caught up with all the acronyms yet.

According to the info it's good for a PCT too or standalone supplement.

Don't see anything on how long to take it though.
You can do 4 or 8 weeks in a row without cycling off it and by AI he means an anti estrogen and paragon is great for pct or standalone

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To answer your question- yes, they are mainly hype. They may raise your test or lower your estrogen a minimal amount, but nothing that is going to be very noticeable. There are some good products that will enhance a good diet, rest, and a solid gym routine- but with natural supplements, it is always a crap shoot.

In my experience, it is hard to beat Erase OG for an OTC in terms of body composition and strength.

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
To answer your question- yes, they are mainly hype. They may raise your test or lower your estrogen a minimal amount, but nothing that is going to be very noticeable. There are some good products that will enhance a good diet, rest, and a solid gym routine- but with natural supplements, it is always a crap shoot.

In my experience, it is hard to beat Erase OG for an OTC in terms of body composition and strength.
Thanx. I'll have to research these ingredients: Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione 25mg

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll also put in a word for Anabeta, though it does seem to be a hit or miss product for some. For me, it worked extremely well for what I was looking for on my bulk last year. I was ravenous and it really made me crave healthy foods, so I was consuming around 5000+ calories a day without any full or bloated feeling. I found that it was great for adding mass and also seemed to have a composition effect as I never kept any of this weight in my belly. I put on 10lbs in just under 2 months- which is great for an OTC.

I don't want to vouch for any supplements because they all hit people differently, but those are the two I have routinely had results from.

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'll also put in a word for Anabeta, though it does seem to be a hit or miss product for some. For me, it worked extremely well for what I was looking for on my bulk last year. I was ravenous and it really made me crave healthy foods, so I was consuming around 5000+ calories a day without any full or bloated feeling. I found that it was great for adding mass and also seemed to have a composition effect as I never kept any of this weight in my belly. I put on 10lbs in just under 2 months- which is great for an OTC. I don't want to vouch for any supplements because they all hit people differently, but those are the two I have routinely had results from.
Anacyclus pyrethrum DC (root) Extract 800.0 mg? Interesting.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are 43, so maybe go get some labs done and see where your test numbers sit. If you are low and there aren't any other factors, there is nothing that will come close to running some test. Just saying..

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You are 43, so maybe go get some labs done and see where your test numbers sit. If you are low and there aren't any other factors, there is nothing that will come close to running some test. Just saying..
Already on top of it ;) And these results were while I was lifting with no supplements.
Testosterone: 483 ng/dL (range 300-890)
Sex hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L (range 11-80)
Testosterone Free: 97 pg/mL (range 47-244)
Testosterone, Percentage free: 2% (range 1.6-2.9%)

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Already on top of it ;) And these results were while I was lifting with no supplements.
Testosterone: 483 ng/dL (range 300-890)
Sex hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L (range 11-80)
Testosterone Free: 97 pg/mL (range 47-244)
Testosterone, Percentage free: 2% (range 1.6-2.9%)
Hey bro,

after taking DS Triazole/Activate Xtreme (4 weeks in) i took bloods. Total test before: 460, after 4 weeks: 730. So this at least works. But also had mega strength gains on Bioforge V3 where i didnt take bloods.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,

after taking DS Triazole/Activate Xtreme (4 weeks in) i took bloods. Total test before: 460, after 4 weeks: 730. So this at least works. But also had mega strength gains on Bioforge V3 where i didnt take bloods.
This ^ ^^...and there is other blood work floating around showing how well these products work and how great they make you feel.

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro,

Checkin it out. Thanx

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro,

That is pretty amazing. Were they done at the same times of the day and can we see them?

Again, though, there are also bad reviews on this product as well. Not to say it is a bad product in itself, but with natural supplements, it is always a crap shoot on how much $$ you are going to have to spend looking for something that actually works for you.

Good luck!

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
I never had my levels checked but I had great results with Synthetic Supplements DAA and OG Erase. I saw great strength gains and was able to drop a few pounds while doing so. DAA treats everyone differently but most people who's logs I've followed had great responses to it over an 8 week run. A lot of people really praise the Purus D-pol which I'm going to use in PCT. Hopefully you find something that works for you lots of knowledge and experience from Howwe I'm sure you will get a lot more stand up responses and members in here to help you out.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Anabeta or Anabeta Elite and Erase. Though there's similar products out there with Erase's active ingredient, Erase is just the most common. There's a lot of BS test boosters and there's a lot out there that do have positive results. Check out nutraplanet.com

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanx for all of the suggestions. Till I research all of the above I'll just mess with the leftover fenugreek I have in my cabinet.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the only way of knowing would be bloods pre and post. our gf-t21 provided great strength gains

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i posted my bloodwork on bb.com last year sry cannot link you directly

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you coming off of a cycle and using it for PCT or do you normally run in the 400s for test levels?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, the guy that almost doubled his test by using OTC supps.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, the guy that almost doubled his test by using OTC supps.
The study done on daa said the test increase was 43 percent . Also I enjoyed erase with daa it was one hell of a ride.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
test increase was 62% with these supps and im normally in the 400's. Next time i would stack the Triazole with Bioforge V3 though

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'll also put in a word for Anabeta, though it does seem to be a hit or miss product for some. For me, it worked extremely well for what I was looking for on my bulk last year. I was ravenous and it really made me crave healthy foods, so I was consuming around 5000+ calories a day without any full or bloated feeling. I found that it was great for adding mass and also seemed to have a composition effect as I never kept any of this weight in my belly. I put on 10lbs in just under 2 months- which is great for an OTC.

I don't want to vouch for any supplements because they all hit people differently, but those are the two I have routinely had results from.
Is it AnaBeta Elite you are talking about?