ArA Glycerol Powder?

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
Does glycerol powder provide the same benefit as GMS? I currently take a scoop of Alpha Lion pump that contains 1500MG of HydroPrime (Glycerol Powder), so I was wondering if this fucntions the same as GMS.

Edit: This will be for ArA supplementation.

Last edited:
rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GMS = glycerol monostearate very similar to glycerol powder = HydroPrime(patented no clump glycerol). To answer your question, yes.

Initially, glycerol was included in sports supplements primarily in the form of glycerol monostearate (GMS). GMS is composed of glycerol and stearic acid, which only about 25% at most consisting of actual glycerol.
Due to this high fat content, GMS didn’t really dissolve all that well in solution, often leaving consumers with glycerol gobs on the sides of their shakers. Another problem with the high fat content of GMS is poor stability (due to its hygroscopic nature) and short shelf life. The end result was many forms of GMS in supplements that only contained 5 to 12% glycerol by weight, so as to prevent degradation.

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
GMS = glycerol monostearate very similar to glycerol powder = HydroPrime(patented no clump glycerol). To answer your question, yes.

Initially, glycerol was included in sports supplements primarily in the form of glycerol monostearate (GMS). GMS is composed of glycerol and stearic acid, which only about 25% at most consisting of actual glycerol.
Due to this high fat content, GMS didn’t really dissolve all that well in solution, often leaving consumers with glycerol gobs on the sides of their shakers. Another problem with the high fat content of GMS is poor stability (due to its hygroscopic nature) and short shelf life. The end result was many forms of GMS in supplements that only contained 5 to 12% glycerol by weight, so as to prevent degradation.
Got it, HydroPrime says it contains a minimum of 65% glycerol powder, however I only dose at 1500mg. Looks like GMS is dosed around 6g when paired with ArA. Would I need to add more HydroPrime or supplement the remaining 4500mg with GMS?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1500-2000 mg of HydroPrime is a solid dose. Any more glycerol and you might be wasting money. Just take the 6g GMS or 1.5g HyrdoPrime.

Although I have seen advanced users take 3-5g of glycerol.

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
1500-2000 mg of HydroPrime is a solid dose. Any more glycerol and you might be wasting money. Just take the 6g GMS or 1.5g HyrdoPrime.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Agreed. Should be sufficient

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is HydroPrime still a monostearate preparation? The whole point of supplementing glycerol was that GMS is an emulsifier. I don’t know if other forms are or not, I’ve never looked into it. Lecithin should also work as an emulsifier if you want to add something.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe it needs to be actual GMS for it to function as an emulsifier, discussed in the old, giant 'maximizing ara' thread from years ago

BluTactical

BluTactical

Awards
Should I wait a bit before sipping on my intra (cluster dex, eaa) after dosing ArA fasted 45 mins preworkout?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should I wait a bit before sipping on my intra (cluster dex, eaa) after dosing ArA fasted 45 mins preworkout?
In theory, that would be better. I doubt it would actually make any real difference. The point of dosing fasted is to prevent it being stored in fat tissue. When you’re training, it’s ultimately irrelevant because your muscles will suck up the carbs without insulin. Best case would be wait until you’re working out. I don’t think the difference would be noticeable.