Appetite Suppressant

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am looking for something non stim that will actually make a difference. I tend to eat well all day and after dinner and before bed I tend to binge on snack foods. One of the only things that has worked for me in the past was radiate, but Im not sure if it was just the amount of stimulants or something else in there, but I would get hungry until 1 or 2 pm if I took that first thing in the morning. Any suggestions?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Take both of those currently, neither have any effect on appetite

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried Assass1nate? It honest to god gives a temporary increase in appetite
Probably due to its GDA properties. But then then second week it’s suppressant effect kicks in. I was on a tub of bloodshr3d raw when I started it. I used to dose it blood in the morning, and as Assass1nate said on the bottle, 2 at lunch and dinner. But after I ran out of blood, I split my dose into 3 capsules a day. Before each meal, now I have better appetite suppression than when I was on blood. Only other thing I take for appetite other than assass1nate is 200mg caffeine and yohimbe HCL, and I guess forskolin, but forskolin doesn’t effect my appetite. Always consumed it with caffeine.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know of zero non-stim products that impact appetite :(

What has helped me the most with snacking (I also have poor self control with snacking) is IF. Started a few years ago and whenever i am in a recomp/maintenance/cut phase i go directly to IF. For me, having the strict eating window really helps my self control as well as my body adapting very quickly to my eating window. Fasting from 8am to 2pm is no big deal, and then after 10pm i really don't feel like eating. Might be something to think about.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I know of zero non-stim products that impact appetite :(

What has helped me the most with snacking (I also have poor self control with snacking) is IF. Started a few years ago and whenever i am in a recomp/maintenance/cut phase i go directly to IF. For me, having the strict eating window really helps my self control as well as my body adapting very quickly to my eating window. Fasting from 8am to 2pm is no big deal, and then after 10pm i really don't feel like eating. Might be something to think about.
Agreed. I utilize Radiate and IF. Of course, Radiate doesn't meet your non-stim requirement, but IF is very effective after a week or two for me. I use the same 10 pm to 2 pm protocol. Plus it makes eating so convenient. Just two big meals for me, spaced by a protein shake after my workout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I used Alpha lean 7 it helped with appetite suppression but it doesn't meet your stim requirement.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it just psychological effect or it really gets you feeling worse?
Here is a rundown from Hit4me on the way Epitome works...

Yeah, so the idea behind epitome is that when we diet, we have some changes that make long-term success more difficult. One of these big metabolic changes involves leptin which regulates appetite and metabolic rate (among other things). I think you probably understand leptin - but for others - the idea is that our fat cells release leptin as they fill, and thus the more we fill fat, the more leptin is released. Leptin, as it gets to our brain, signals our brain to "increase" metabolic processes and turns off hunger/makes us full.

As our fat cells shrink, leptin levels go in reverse and drop. This obviously increases our hunger, but also is an underlying mechanism for the "metabolic slowdown" that supposedly happens with dieting. This leptin drop creates a double-edged sword - our metabolism is slower and we are hungrier. If you have ever been on a severe diet with lots of exercise for a period of time - you may have one day woken up and been ravenous and out-of-control with your cravings for things - that's an extreme effect of leptin dropping.

One way to combat this leptin drop is to have cheat meals - which are great but they have to be infrequent and even if they are infrequent they will set your caloric deficit back a little. Most people accept this because it's 1 step back and 2 steps forward.

If you are very lean (near or below 10% for instance), then leptin will be low because you have so little fat on your body - which also increases hunger and causes a more aggressive response to caloric restriction. I hate to use the term starvation mode but it's the basic idea.

And if you are extremely obese you probably have a lot of leptin floating around but it no longer works - you have become resistant to its effects because it has been elevated so much for so long.

What epitome does is "normalize" leptin levels. So if you are obese and have elevated leptin, it will actually help lower the leptin levels and combat the leptin resistence that is seen.

If you are lean, it will bring up leptin levels even though you have low bodyfat (which is why some people claim it is such a great appetite suppresant)

And if you use it long-term during a diet, it will help to avoid the leptin crashes from dieting, which will allow you to not require as many cheat meals and thus not have to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward - you can just keep dieting and leptin will stay in range.

So, it's not exactly a "fat burner" per se - it's just part of the arsenal. It's a very different approach than you see in any other product, in my humble opinion.

But for straight appetite suppression, a single stand-alone burner, other products may at least promise more.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Psyllium husks!

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Psyllium husks!
Are you referring to this as a way to stay full? I've never used It but I read the cleanse thread from a while back about using It before bed to help clean out the colon. Considered picking some up soon...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Are you referring to this as a way to stay full? I've never used It but I read the cleanse thread from a while back about using It before bed to help clean out the colon. Considered picking some up soon...
Yeah, I've been adding it to different things to bulk them up and found it invaluable for controlling my appetite.

Not a suppressant per se, but good for staying full

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Psyllium husks!
TOTALLY forgot about that. Good call mate.

+1 for psyllium husks can confirm works great. Just be careful with amount lol, you'll have to find the level that works for you without the... sides... lol